5/17 - O's at KC Royals - Koji for the rubber?

bobmc

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here we go hurting ourselves on the base paths again. When is this craziness going to stop!

Pretty sure it will not stop as long as DT is manager, he likes to be "aggressive".

It is tough to win when you hand over outs. Can someone buy DT a copy of Weaver on Strategy?

Roberts has been pretty poor on the basepaths this season...seems like the 3rd or 4th time he has gotten picked off

He was going on that pitch. Have to take the good with the bad there. Hochevar may have gotten away with a balk there.

Pretty sure it will not stop as long as DT is manager, he likes to be "aggressive".

It is tough to win when you hand over outs. Can someone buy DT a copy of Weaver on Strategy?

DT does not have the mashers Weaver had. Do you not want roberts to be aggressive??

DT does not have the mashers Weaver had. Do you not want roberts to be aggressive??

While Jones has been out over the past few games, Roberts has had 3 of his 8 steals. I see them to continue to be aggressive while he's out. Once he's back I don't think you see Jones or Roberts racking up the steals.

First off, Baseball prospectus predicted the O's to have the 2nd highest OPS in the american league this season, so they have the hitting. They might not hit a lot of three run homers but they have four guys (Roberts, Jones, Markakis and Huff) that could go for 40+ doubles this season.

I do not want anyone running if they can not succeed at a 70%+ clip, to include pickoffs. Roberts is at 8 of 11 for 73% not including pickoffs. From my own recollection (which might be wrong) I can recall him getting picked off three times this season which would put his aggregate rate at 57%. His agression is currently costing the team runs.

Archived