5/27 Blue Jays @ Orioles

isestrex

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm very curious as to why Reimold is getting a rest rather than Markakis today. I think the rest would DEFINITELY do him some good.

Pretty obvious they want left handed hitters, as many as possible, against the tough lefty. That's why Reimold is sitting, Luke's DH'ing, and Pie and Markakis are both playing.

I'm very curious as to why Reimold is getting a rest rather than Markakis today. I think the rest would DEFINITELY do him some good.

Markakis doesn't get a rest because he doesn't want a rest (as any competitor shouldn't) and his manager doesn't have the cojones to tell his stars to take a seat from time to time for the good of the team.

Guest BrettMeister86

Hill was wild in the first, but is starting to settle down. The curve is WORKIN' today already 3K's the problem however, is that Halladay is pitching and if he is within a foot of the plate the ump is giving him the call. He is already great don't help him out any, but the ump looks to have a man-crush on Doc.

Markakis doesn't get a rest because he doesn't want a rest (as any competitor shouldn't) and his manager doesn't have the cojones to tell his stars to take a seat from time to time for the good of the team.

Or, Markakis is arguably the best player on the team and one of the best players in baseball and his manager understands that

Chances of Winning with Markakis > Chances of winning without Markakis

Hill was wild in the first, but is starting to settle down. The curve is WORKIN' today already 3K's the problem however, is that Halladay is pitching and if he is within a foot of the plate the ump is giving him the call. He is already great don't help him out any, but the ump looks to have a man-crush on Doc.

Gameday made the two called strikes to Millar look pretty far off the plate too... maybe the ump just has a giant strike zone all the time?

Archived