Scheppers not going to Pirates

I'm also hoping the Orioles don't draft him. The injury risk is too great.

I think the Orioles will have a pick of a ton of pitchers with the #5 pick and Scheppers isn't the cream of the crop by any means.

I'm praying Ackley will be too pricey for Seattle and SD.

I think the Orioles will have a pick of a ton of pitchers with the #5 pick and Scheppers isn't the cream of the crop by any means.

He's not cream of the crop??? He is consistently ranked as a top 10 pick, and would most likely be #2 if it were not for the injury last year. Keith Law has us taking him in his mock draft. We don't see the medicals but the O's will so if they think he's recovered then we should trust them.

Ackley won't make to us at #5 so don't get your hopes too high. ;)

Not sure if this has already been noted, but we wouldn't be discussing whether or not to draft Scheppers if we had signed him back in 2005 when we drafted him in the 29th round out of high school. Just think, 2005 could have given us Scheppers in addition to Snyder, Reimold, Erbe, and D. Hernandez...

Just proves Jordan knows what he's doing.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/team/draft.jsp?c_id=bal&year=2005

The Pirates are financially limited and I believe San Diego has a little more cash but not a boatload that Boras will want. I was on a San Diego web site tonight and it says they like Ackley and Green who are both represented by Scott Boras. They also like Matzek. I think they go with the local guy Green if they take a hitter because thy need a SS more than a 1B or OF. Seattle is the key to the first five picks. Will their GM go for a pitcher or a hitter? They are telling people they will take Ackley but those close to the GM say he really likes the pitchers that are available.

I think Ackley or Green will be there with Ackley looking more and more possible as the draft draws nearer. Seattle or San Diego could take Green. I don't think Pittsburgh or San Diego have the money to get Ackley or Green but San Diego may take a shot at landing Green. If Seattle takes a pitcher I think SD and Pittsburgh will try to steer clear of Boras and take a pitcher but San Diego will go for Green.

Could Ackley be another Wieters that slips to us because of Boras?

Nats - Strasburg

Seattle - Crow

San Diego - Green

Pittsburgh - Matzek

Baltimore - Ackley

Thanks buddy. :)

I love this part!

Scouts are less concerned about his performance and more thrilled about his arm strength. His fastball has been clocked at 98 mph and his curveball has been devastating if inconsistent. The only thing that could keep him out of the first 10 picks would be concerns about his shoulder, though Angels medical director Dr. Lewis Yocum pronounced him healthy in a letter he sent to all 30 clubs in April.

"Stuff-wise, he should go No. 2 in the draft," a National League scouting director said. "Your individual team doctor would have to give him a complete evaluation, but he has the total package."

:clap3::clap:

Thanks buddy. :)

I love this part!

:clap3::clap:

Remember why Loewen had to become an OFer though, amongst other injuries, he had a repeating stress frature in his arm. Once it breaks, it is weakened and may continue to break. As much as I like his stuff and think he is the best pitcher in this draft not name Strasburg, with Crow you are getting nearly every bit of the upside you get with Scheppers, but without as much injury risk....BUT if his injury is deemed as something not reoccuring, then you hafta take him

I do not see where people are coming up with him not being a good pick and he isnt the best pitcher to take at our slot in the draft. He is the very best pitcher that we could take at 1:5 who is not a pick being taken based off of projection. He IS the cream of the crop as far as I am concerned, just hasta have a clean bill of health.....

Remember why Loewen had to become an OFer though, amongst other injuries, he had a repeating stress frature in his arm. Once it breaks, it is weakened and may continue to break. As much as I like his stuff and think he is the best pitcher in this draft not name Strasburg, with Crow you are getting nearly every bit of the upside you get with Scheppers, but without as much injury risk....BUT if his injury is deemed as something not reoccuring, then you hafta take him

I do not see where people are coming up with him not being a good pick and he isnt the best pitcher to take at our slot in the draft. He is the very best pitcher that we could take at 1:5 who is not a pick being taken based off of projection. He IS the cream of the crop as far as I am concerned, just hasta have a clean bill of health.....

It's not hard to find someone to say you are healthy at the moment, the question is in that letter did he explain what the injury was? Did he say if there was worry about recurrence? Sounds like he got a letter that said at this present time he is healthy, but I just don't like all the mystery that surrounded things.

Archived