5/28. Hernandez Debut. O's vs. Tigers

PrivateO

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On that play where Huff went to third, why in the world was he going back to the base to tag? He could not have tagged on that and it was not even close. He should have been off the bag and would have made it to third a whole lot easier.

If you're directly behind home plate it's relatively easy to identify a fastball from anything else simply by velocity, IMO.

I'm no scout or anything, but I can usually identify a 2 seamer, a 4 seamer, a straight change, a circle change, a slider and a curveball. Sometimes it's easy to get crossed up on a cutter/slider, but I can usually identify pitches.

He doesn't use a screen. So he generally doesn't look at the stadium gun before he calls the pitch. So he is simply calling it as he sees it.

On that play where Huff went to third, why in the world was he going back to the base to tag? He could not have tagged on that and it was not even close. He should have been off the bag and would have made it to third a whole lot easier.

Ordonez deked him into thinking he was gonna catch it.

your right...since 7 days is hardly a case study to use for a pitcher who has tons to prove from severe mediocrity

You said he was awful, not mediocre. And, if I recall, Albers was pretty darn good last year. He just had a rough start this year coming back from the injury.

Archived