5/28. Hernandez Debut. O's vs. Tigers

PrivateO

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and there are more than enough instances to show that he's not AWFUL. He had a rough patch, and may have been pitching awful, but the guy obviously knows how to pitch.

Is 4 just an arbitrary number? I bet you would've said 5 if he's had 5 inning since coming back from AAA

You know, saying "small sample size" works in a lot of cases, but not with relief pitchers. They have NOTHING but small sample sizes. You actually have to base how they do by watching the games that they're in and evaluating how their stuff looks.

Clarification: I agree with you.

and there are more than enough instances to show that he's not AWFUL. He had a rough patch, and may have been pitching awful, but the guy obviously knows how to pitch.

Is 4 just an arbitrary number? I bet you would've said 5 if he's had 5 inning since coming back from AAA

4 was in response to an earlier posters remark about pitching 4.1 innings since coming back from AAA

until matt albers can prove for more than 4 innings that he is a consistent middle innings reliever...I have more than enough instances to allow for my distrust

You ignore 49 innings last year and the 4 since Matt got called up but will dump on him for the whole 9 he pitched early in the year. Trust who you want but on a whole he has been pretty good.

You know, saying "small sample size" works in a lot of cases, but not with relief pitchers. They have NOTHING but small sample sizes. You actually have to base how they do by watching the games that they're in and evaluating how their stuff looks.

exactly, its all about their ability to come in at a moments notice and throw strikes. Thats what albers has shown since he was recalled. Hes not the best reliever but i approve

Archived