Nights like these get me by...

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matusz is absurd. I really wish his last name rhymed with "enthuse" because I could concoct all sorts of clever thread titles.

I think there is a very good chance he'd be the best pitcher in Baltimore's rotation if we brought him up right now. He has been flat out ridiculous for the last 2 months.

Its very nice to see Arrieta's ERA back to normal at 2.60. Imagine what itd be if not for that one really bad game....

Another positive is that the Tides scored all those runs against Marquez who if I remember right is a pretty decent prospect who used to pitch in the Yankees system, but I thought he got traded, possibly to the Pirates...??

And Matusz continues to be dominant.....Completely dominant...How can it be said that he si definately not gonna get a shot in Norfolk this year? If anyone deserves another promotion, its him....

Its very nice to see Arrieta's ERA back to normal at 2.60. Imagine what itd be if not for that one really bad game....

Another positive is that the Tides scored all those runs against Marquez who if I remember right is a pretty decent prospect who used to pitch in the Yankees system, but I thought he got traded, possibly to the Pirates...??

And Matusz continues to be dominant.....Completely dominant...How can it be said that he si definately not gonna get a shot in Norfolk this year? If anyone deserves another promotion, its him....

The announcer for the Tides described Marquez as a guy who has done ok in the Eastern League, around 3.50ish ERA at AA... but the guy has been struggling in AAA. His stats tonight were 7 ER in 2 IP. For the season Marquez is 1-6 (likely to soon be 1-7) and an ERA of 10.35 after his game is over tonight.

Arrieta K's Wilson Betemit to escape a jam in the 4th!!!

4 IP, 3 hits, 5 K's, 54 pitches, 36 strikes.

Nice job there to escape runners on 2nd and 3rd with only 1 out, without allowing a run. Also nice to see him zipping along at 13.5 pitches/inning.

I have to say, as high as my expectations were for the Big 3 going into this season, they are meeting and even exceeding them so far. Throw in the unexpected excellence of Bergesen and it's pretty inspiring.

Archived