Anyone else cheering for the O's to lose?

JoeOrsulak

You want an answer?

I would have rooted for us to win.

I DID root for us to win, and for the same reason: there was no way of knowing anything about the outcome at that time, which is why your question is flawed, and why I'm sure you will continue to refuse to answer mine. There is no way of knowing now, just like then, what will happen.

So you would rather sweep the Yankees than have Tex for years?

Well, i will say that you are a bad fan because you just basically said that short terms wins in a lost season is better than huge long term gains.

You are a terrible fan.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i will say that you are a bad fan because you just basically said that short terms wins in a lost season is better than huge long term gains.

You are a terrible fan.

Look Sports Guy... I don't know where you get off telling someone that they are a terrible fan for rooting for the team to win. That's just lidicrous.

BTerp's argument is that you couldn't have possibly known BACK THEN the type of player Teixeira would be. It's a moot point.

I guess I have no room to talk because I'm not as clairvoyant as you.

You are a terrible fan.

Not only did I know you wouldn't answer my question, I knew that would be the only part you would respond to, because of your complete self-righteous attitude.

You ignore the fact that your question is flawed because there is no way of knowing what will happen, then ridicule based on a response given under the caveat of how flawed a question it is.

You obviously don't care about anything that happens with this team, as long as you are right in a pointless argument on a message board.

And you call ME a terrible fan.

The fact that the passing mention of his name had nothing to do with the post in question or anything said thereafter.

And you're missing MY point, which is that everything else you said in that post (and in general) looks worse because you don't know anything about next year's consensus #1 pick.

"OK, guys, I've never heard of these 'Beatles' jokers, but I DO know that all bands from Liverpool suck!"

Look Sports Guy... I don't know where you get off telling someone that they are a terrible fan for rooting for the team to win. That's just lidicrous.

BTerp's argument is that you couldn't have possibly known BACK THEN the type of player Teixeira would be. It's a moot point.

I guess I have no room to talk because I'm not as clairvoyant as you.

Same way BTerp thinks he has the right to judge people as fans. If he has that right, why don't I?

BTW, i asked him if he knew then what he knows now, what would he have done. He said root for them to win.

Not only did I know you wouldn't answer my question, I knew that would be the only part you would respond to, because of your complete self-righteous attitude.

You ignore the fact that your question is flawed because there is no way of knowing what will happen, then ridicule based on a response given under the caveat of how flawed a question it is.

You obviously don't care about anything that happens with this team, as long as you are right in a pointless argument on a message board.

And you call ME a terrible fan.

No, i will answer you since you answered me finally.

As for Tex, he was as much of a sure thing as any prospect that has come across in a long time.

And for any top top talent, i would rather see us lose 5 less games for a chance to get him than win those 5 games and not have a chance to get him.

5 wins for a below 500 team means nothing except draft position.

So yes, i would prefer the better draft position and better chance at the top talent.

And you're missing MY point, which is that everything else you said in that post (and in general) looks worse because you don't know anything about next year's consensus #1 pick.

"OK, guys, I've never heard of these 'Beatles' jokers, but I DO know that all bands from Liverpool suck!"

Well then please inform me, since you are the expert on him.

Well all of that is very sad. My point was that whatever direction we choose I don't have confidence in the people executing that direction properly. Any team can play well for an 1/8 of a season, it's an idiotic data set to base such an important decision.

Bump for SG. Honest question here. Lets say we choose the rebuild direction. How confident are you in MacPhail to do it properly?

A) Confident

B) Not confident

C) Don't know enough about him to say yet

Bump for SG. Honest question here. Lets say we choose the rebuild direction. How confident are you in MacPhail to do it properly?

A) Confident

B) Not confident

C) Don't know enough about him to say yet

Definitely C.

I certainly think he can target top young, cheap talent in trades though.

This is one of the more unfortunate threads I have ever seen. While many of the venting threads are ugly, at least I can understand them as being simple reflections of people being frustrated. This thread has no redeeming attributes of any kind.

'Have a good evening.

No, i will answer you since you answered me finally.

As for Tex, he was as much of a sure thing as any prospect that has come across in a long time.

And for any top top talent, i would rather see us lose 5 less games for a chance to get him than win those 5 games and not have a chance to get him.

5 wins for a below 500 team means nothing except draft position.

So yes, i would prefer the better draft position and better chance at the top talent.

Fine.

Let's say we end up with the fourth pick, and select Joe Blow, the consensus pick at that spot.

Someone else ends up with the fifth pick, which we would have had if we had won any more games, and selects John Smith.

Joe Blow sucks, gets hurt, and never makes AAA. John Smith ends up a Hall-of-Famer.

Was losing those couple extra game worth the reward?

Archived