Zach Britton 7/21 start

QBsILLEST1

Pitching very well so far, trying to bounceback from his disastrous last start...

3IP 0H 0R0ER 0BB 3K 2.77ERA

Lets get that ERA back down to the low 2's. Still glad to see no walks and continuing to K about a batter an inning....continuing his nice periphs throughout the year....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news. If he can keep his BB down, and increase his Ks while pitching deep into the game, well then that is very good news.

Thanks for the 'live' update. Matusz, Tillman, and Arrieta notwithstanding, Britton and Beal have fast become my favorite pitchers to keep track of. Hopefully Britton can be part of the "cavalry" that is coming to B'more.

Are you at the game?

Good news. If he can keep his BB down, and increase his Ks while pitching deep into the game, well then that is very good news.

Thanks for the 'live' update. Matusz, Tillman, and Arrieta notwithstanding, Britton and Beal have fast become my favorite pitchers to keep track of. Hopefully Britton can be part of the "cavalry" that is coming to B'more.

Are you at the game?

Yeah, generally, Britton isnt a bad control guy, atleast not until this year. But he has been working on his changeup and added a few MPH to his fastball, so he may have needed an adjustment period to get used to his new changeup and harder fastball....His K's have steadily risen every season he has been in the pros, a very good sign of development.. Aside from the Big 3, Im there with you, I like Beal a lot, Britton, Hobgood, Bundy and now Jacob Cowan....Lots to be excited about!

No I wish I was at the game, Im just at work still and have nothing better to do than continuously refresh the box scores and keep up with my favorite pitching prospects.....

And yes, Britton will be a piece of that Cavalry, but he will come a bit later than the others which is good because he will come to the majors in between the 2 big waves of young arms.....We still have atleast 3-4 years to go before we see the next wave after the Big3, Erbe and Britton...

I just want to add that this guy is the most underrated prospect we have. Let's compare him with Arrieta from last year:

Britton 101.1 IP, 87 H, 45 R, 30 ER, 42 BB, 96 K's, 2.66 ERA, 2.96 GO/AO

Arrieta 113.0 IP. 80 H, 44 R, 36 ER, 51 BB, 120 K's, 2.87 ERA, 1.14 GO/AO

Britton's a year younger than Arrieta was when he was at Frederick. The Keys have a very poor defensive infield, so just wait until this ground ball machine finally gets to a level where his team can play some defense behind him.

I just want to add that this guy is the most underrated prospect we have. Let's compare him with Arrieta from last year:

Britton's a year younger than Arrieta was when he was at Frederick. The Keys have a very poor defensive infield, so just wait until this ground ball machine finally gets to a level where his team can play some defense behind him.

Good stuff. If our FO would have promoted Arrieta had he not pitched in the Olympics, one has to believe Britton is a serious candidate for promotion.

Britton was going to be the starter in his league's all star game, no? Sounds like the appropriate recognition as a prospect will be heading ZB's way this year - IMO, league top 10, possibly top 5, though I am not so familiar with the league.

Sounds like the appropriate recognition as a prospect will be heading ZB's way this year - IMO, league top 10, possibly top 5, though I am not so familiar with the league.

I'm not too familiar either, but he's 2nd in K's, 3rd in ERA, and he's younger than the guys ahead of him.

We will welcome him with open arms at Bowie. After tonight's performance Brian Matusz should have his bags packed for Norfolk. He is now 6-0 with a 1.88 ERA. Tonight he was dominate as usual with 7.0, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO. The lone run came on a mistake to Freddie Bynum of all people.

We are getting thin at the starter position in Bowie as we have sent John Marriotti 2-8 to the pen and have started Tanaka and Denza in the rotation.

If Zagone is available we could use him too.

We will welcome him with open arms at Bowie. After tonight's performance Brian Matusz should have his bags packed for Norfolk. He is now 6-0 with a 1.88 ERA. Tonight he was dominate as usual with 7.0, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO. The lone run came on a mistake to Freddie Bynum of all people.

We are getting thin at the starter position in Bowie as we have sent John Marriotti 2-8 to the pen and have started Tanaka and Denza in the rotation.

If Zagone is available we could use him too.

I would love to see Britton off to Bowie and Matusz to Nolfork, however Zagone is struggling at Frederick, a promotion to Bowie would not do him well. Maybe we could send down Mitchell from Nolfork. Britton's stock is certainly going to rise by next year when the big three are promoted to the big leagues and he stands as the best pitching prospect in our system. Very under rated propsect.

Good stuff. If our FO would have promoted Arrieta had he not pitched in the Olympics, one has to believe Britton is a serious candidate for promotion.

Britton was going to be the starter in his league's all star game, no? Sounds like the appropriate recognition as a prospect will be heading ZB's way this year - IMO, league top 10, possibly top 5, though I am not so familiar with the league.

Last year, had Arrieta been promoted, I would have assumed one of Britton, Gleason or a Kenny Moreland was going to be coming up to fill that void left in the rotation.

It's going to be interesting to see where Britton winds up at the end of the season when BA puts out their top 20 prospects in each league. I know Zach should be on the list, but with so many guys moving up early (Alvarez, Matusz, Heyward, Freeman, McBride) I'm not sure who from those moving up would be on the list and who wouldn't be. I'd hope to see Zach in the top 10, top 5 may be a stretch.

Of those players still in the league, it's a no-brainer that he's in the top five, probably alongside his backstop Caleb Joseph, third/first baseman Brandon Waring and maybe a Mike Moustakas from Wilmington and Cody Johnson from Myrtle Beach.

Archived