This is Progress

helloharv

This is the Worst record we have had in the last 14 YEARS after this exact number of games played.

We are 2-16 against the AL East on the road

A pitcher who many thought would be a very good number 3 starter for years to come has probably now pitched his last game.

Almost everry free-agent Andy has brought in has been below average.

We have huge holes at 1b and 3b and this years free-agent class isn't nearly as attractive as last years when we chose not to spend money to upgrade our team.

Our pitching AND hitting are both well below average in runs scored and runs giving up.

:mad:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the Worst record we have had in the last 14 YEARS after this exact number of games played.

A pitcher who many thought would be a very good number 3 starter for years to come has probably now pitched his last game.

We have huge holes at 1b and 3b and this years free-agent class isn't nearly as attractive as last years when we chose not to spend money to upgrade our team.

Our pitching AND hitting are both well below average in runs scored and runs giving up.

And then you also add in we have a guy in Jeremy Guthrie who looked like was gonna be a very solid pitcher in our organizaton for years to come and he can't get anyone out anymore either. I dont know I'm not as high as a lot of people are on this board about this team.

The problem is that MacPhail keeps preaching grow the arms and buy the bats.. what bats have the O's bought that are of any significance?

Until he is done sorting out the defective from the effective in the pitching inventory, there is no point in buying the bats...unless you can absolutely steal one. If you don't like watching sausage being made, perhaps the 2009 Orioles are not the team for you...

Until he is done sorting out the defective from the effective in the pitching inventory, there is no point in buying the bats...unless you can absolutely steal one. If you don't like watching sausage being made, perhaps the 2009 Orioles are not the team for you...

Are you sure that's sausage?:):)

The problem is impatient fans who want to see the team get better but aren't willing to allow it to get better.

It's not being impatient... It's showing progress while being patient. Don't talk to me about being patient.. have been patient for 13 damn years, just show some progress for a change! Add pieces to your team that are going to be here and help this team move forward.. sorry, Luke Scott and Aubrey Huff aren't it.... show me progress instead of just sitting here pissing in the ocean for another year. Make a move that will better this team for 2010... Cause that's the year the O's are supposed to be a team to be dealt with according to "The Plan".

It's not being impatient... It's showing progress while being patient. Don't talk to me about being patient.. have been patient for 13 damn years, just show some progress for a change! Add pieces to your team that are going to be here and help this team move forward.. sorry, Luke Scott and Aubrey Huff aren't it.... show me progress instead of just sitting here pissing in the ocean for another year. Make a move that will better this team for 2010... Cause that's the year the O's are supposed to be a team to be dealt with according to "The Plan".

The "plan" officially recieved a 1 year extension after this past offseason. And it looks like it might need a few more...

The "plan" officially recieved a 1 year extension after this past offseason. And it looks like it might need a few more...

Couldn't agree more!

We don't have enough arms in the systems where you can trade them away for bats.. so what other option does that leave you? Free Agency!! Get right out of town? There is Free Agency??? You can actually get players without sacrificing the near future? When did they put that rule in place?? I'm blown!!!!! :D

Forest / Tree

Orioles are not good. The AL East has three of the best 5 or 6 teams in baseball. 2009 is not the year to measure progress by wins and losses. Patience is needed here. All of your concerns are valid and your points are correct, but you are focusing on the forest look at the trees.

Why must the pitching side of the equation be the first to be "fixed?" I think we should buy the bats when available. The free agent market may not always have what you need.

Archived