This is Progress

helloharv

Because we traded him for the best young OF in baseball. Soon you will see the rays saying, why can't we get a guy like Wieters, Jones, Kakes, Riemold, and that's not even accounting for the pitching.

We traded Evan Longoria for Grady Seizmore?:laughlol:

Sorry, couldn't help it. Carry on.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn right i'm *****ing about it... How is this team showing progression when they lose to Bruce Chen? The only job this guy could land is with the Royals... This isn't Roy Halladay or Jon Lester...

Have they progressed in hitting LHP's? NO! Are they still running bases like they're drunk playing wiffle ball? YES! Are they making fundamental mistakes almost on a daily basis? YES! Has their defense truly improved? NO! Are they swinging through hit & runs? YES! Can they slide into home plate and touch it?

I could go on and on picking these guys apart... Yes Riemold, Bergesen and Hernandez has been a breath of fresh air.. but at the end of the day the progression as a TEAM isn't there.

But that's the whole point. You don't want to see progression, you want to see things turn around right now.

You don't want to build a team, you want one handed to you.

You don't want to wait for young players to develop, you want them all to be ready now, even though a rookie coming out of the gate strong is a rare thing anyway let alone when you have a whole bunch of them coming up at the same time.

It keeps coming back to patience, and as I said the more you deny it the more you prove it.

Hello Homer with the Orange colored glasses on.

I want you to tell me why anyone should take your opinion seriously anymore after that extremely insulting comment?

You don't see the forest through the trees. You don't have the patience to walk through the woods; you want Scotty to beam you to the other side.

Are you serious? You have a problem with young players developing like young players?

Like I said, you are impatient, and the more you try to deny it the more you prove it.

It's not impatience... It's seeing the players taking the next step and progressing.. and in that progression start winning more ball games than the year before... at the end of the day however you want to cut it.. winning ballgames is the business of a major league baseball club. Which this club hasn't shown they can do in the past 3-4 years... what are they 2-17 since the AS break? How is that progressing? Looks like the same swoon we see year in and year out?

It's not impatience... It's seeing the players taking the next step and progressing.. and in that progression start winning more ball games than the year before... at the end of the day however you want to cut it.. winning ballgames is the business of a major league baseball club. Which this club hasn't shown they can do in the past 3-4 years... what are they 2-17 since the AS break? How is that progressing? Looks like the same swoon we see year in and year out?

So now not only are you not willing to show the patience in the players to take the next step, you are comparing them to teams from 3-4 years ago when most of them weren't even in the organization?

But that's the whole point. You don't want to see progression, you want to see things turn around right now.

You don't want to build a team, you want one handed to you.

You don't want to wait for young players to develop, you want them all to be ready now, even though a rookie coming out of the gate strong is a rare thing anyway let alone when you have a whole bunch of them coming up at the same time.

It keeps coming back to patience, and as I said the more you deny it the more you prove it.

Now where in any of my posts did I say I wanted it now? The only thing I said was why can't we have a player like Longoria? Who comes out of the gate? Not once did I say I wanted it all now... I said I want to see PROGRESSION as a team. Last time I checked baseball is still a team sport. Yes, there are some individual feel goods, but the team is still the same when it comes to building towards the future... They are better when it comes to depth as MacPhail has been on the tv telling everyone within earshot...but the results are still the same? As I said before, I'm not asking them to be a 100 win team.. I'm looking for them to win more than last year.. at this rate we won't make it... so again, how is that progression?

I believe that this is the 10th game since the break??? However you mentioned your 2 goals, and hey were 50-50. The young players are progressing. Our 2nd year CF won the All Star game for the AL, our rookie LF is sitting pretty to earn a ROY award. Our C is here, and we now have 2 young starters dominating, with the first of the "good" ones on the way. I think we are seeing progression from our young players. If you honestly cant see that, I don't know what else to add. Hopefully as the REST OF THE SEASON finishes up we can see the progression also with more wins. If from today forward we play close to .500 ball, would that be progression, or would our record at the end of the year not be improved enough for you.

So now not only are you not willing to show the patience in the players to take the next step, you are comparing them to teams from 3-4 years ago when most of them weren't even in the organization?

The players that we have on the 25 man roster can beat Bruce Chen... and they didn't.. point blank.. even the rookies on the team that are in the batters box should be able to beat Bruce Chen... sorry.

At some point, you're going to need to see results in the win column.. so I'm going to ask you.. since you seem to have this all figured out.. when should we start looking for the wins to come more than at the rate they're coming now? I'm not saying they need to win the AL East pennant.. i'm asking when should we as fans start looking for this team to actually put some things together to look like a pretty decent ball team?

The players that we have on the 25 man roster can beat Bruce Chen... and they didn't.. point blank.. even the rookies on the team that are in the batters box should be able to beat Bruce Chen... sorry.

At some point, you're going to need to see results in the win column.. so I'm going to ask you.. since you seem to have this all figured out.. when should we start looking for the wins to come more than at the rate they're coming now? I'm not saying they need to win the AL East pennant.. i'm asking when should we as fans start looking for this team to actually put some things together to look like a pretty decent ball team?

When enough pieces are in place to make it a reasonable demand. And we aren't there yet, either because the pieces are not in place or because they haven't developed enough yet.

Hence the reason you need patience. And you have yet to say anything that suggests you do.

I never said that Chen was good, just better then Hill. As the saying goes, your only as good as your next days starter, and ours was not good. Don't you think the royals (who were suposed to be good this year) would have said, "I can't believe we lost to Rich Hill" And I wouldn't say he held the bats in check since we left a ton of runners on in the first 5 innings. He got out of some bad situations in the game, i.e he did his Job...our pitchers did not.

Did our hitters do their jobs?

Now where in any of my posts did I say I wanted it now? The only thing I said was why can't we have a player like Longoria? Who comes out of the gate? Not once did I say I wanted it all now... I said I want to see PROGRESSION as a team. Last time I checked baseball is still a team sport. Yes, there are some individual feel goods, but the team is still the same when it comes to building towards the future... They are better when it comes to depth as MacPhail has been on the tv telling everyone within earshot...but the results are still the same? As I said before, I'm not asking them to be a 100 win team.. I'm looking for them to win more than last year.. at this rate we won't make it... so again, how is that progression?

You don't see the difference in having the same results with a veteran team going nowhere and a young team developing their talent?

Did our hitters do their jobs?

No, but you point is that our team should have beaten a pitcher like Chen, and my point (while I agree with you) is that the Royals should be able to beat Rich Hill too. Both teams cant win so.....

And on a side note, not all of the players are to blame here. Sending Reimold was a bad idea and quite possibly be the difference in the game. Huff should not be batting 4th tonight. To expect him to all of a sudden turn it on, is both unrealistic and dumb.(another game changing moment if you will)

I think the lineup that played the last game in Boston would have beaten up Chen, the way we "should have".

When enough pieces are in place to make it a reasonable demand. And we aren't there yet, either because the pieces are not in place or because they haven't developed enough yet.

Hence the reason you need patience. And you have yet to say anything that suggests you do.

I'm not the one that laid the plan out for 2010... That was Mr. MacPhail... what I'm saying, I thought I'd see more from this team at this point. Not saying they had to be world beaters, but more from them being better fundamentally, executing plays, and winning more ball games. Can you honestly say they've improved in those areas?

At this point, I don't see how in the world this team can be competitive in 2010... There are too many holes

And just to clarify, when I say competitive.. I'm saying they'd win more games than they lose... Not taking the world by storm...

I'm not the one that laid the plan out for 2010... That was Mr. MacPhail... what I'm saying, I thought I'd see more from this team at this point. Not saying they had to be world beaters, but more from them being better fundamentally, executing plays, and winning more ball games. Can you honestly say they've improved in those areas?

At this point, I don't see how in the world this team can be competitive in 2010... There are too many holes

And just to clarify, when I say competitive.. I'm saying they'd win more games than they lose... Not taking the world by storm...

Well, since you decided to use Evan Longoria as the model for how all young players should start their careers, why not use the Rays as the model for going from doormat to contender...now?

Archived