This is Progress

helloharv

The guy is obviously emotional and angry right now. As I learned with my ex-wife, there's no point in having this discussion right now. Wait until the morning when you see harv standing in his robe in the kitchen making coffee. Put your hand on his back and if he doesn't move away, then try talking to him.

Wow, that's strangely creepy. I don't think I can go to sleep now.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You misunderstood my post.. I don't want instant results now.. I know this isn't the New York Yankees and Red Sox's where the fans expect every year to be a contender.. I want progression, I want moves made to better the future.. I want the O's to beat teams they should beat. I'm not asking for miracles, I'm asking for PROGRESSION!

Spare me with we have this player and that player doing this and that... Progression is winning more games than the previous year regardless of individual efforts.

Tampa went from worst to first last year because their talent happened to fall into place all at once.

Do I think that is a realistic expectation for this or any other team? Not in the least. But it shows that when things are ready to happen, they will.

We are still two days away from the arrival of the first of our three best pitching prospects. We have a core group of offensive players going through growing pains. You don't see the acquisition and development of those players as progression?

You are measuring progression in the single worst possible way for a team in our position: wins and losses.

As someone said, you are the one B-&-M-ing about the losing.

Either you believe the way the team is moving will translate into wins as the talent improves, or you don't. It won't happen overnight, but the two defining features of a fan are belief and hope. Do you believe the team is moving the right direction?

Damn right i'm *****ing about it... How is this team showing progression when they lose to Bruce Chen? The only job this guy could land is with the Royals... This isn't Roy Halladay or Jon Lester...

Have they progressed in hitting LHP's? NO! Are they still running bases like they're drunk playing wiffle ball? YES! Are they making fundamental mistakes almost on a daily basis? YES! Has their defense truly improved? NO! Are they swinging through hit & runs? YES! Can they slide into home plate and touch it?

I could go on and on picking these guys apart... Yes Riemold, Bergesen and Hernandez has been a breath of fresh air.. but at the end of the day the progression as a TEAM isn't there.

This is progress:

2nd year player A. Jones (23 years old): .298/15/54/.352/.483

1st year players:

N. Remiold(25 years old): .287/9/27/.368/.470 (in only 60 games)

M. Weiters (22 years old): .254/3/12 (only 38 games, compare to other C's plus factorhe is second year from college.....)

B. Berg (23 years old): 3.56 ERA/1.28WHIP

D. Hernandez (23 years old): 3.20 ERA/1.36WHIP

The point is progress. Adam Jones has shown unbelievable progress. This is what the team is banking on. When everyone else matures as he did, we will have a team of stars.

Don't you think that you should give all of these rookies at least a few months or (GASP) until the end of the season to throw them all under the bus for not showing enough "progression" in their first go round at the big leagues? We all want the O's to beat teams. But damn dude, you can't expect our young hitters to all be Evan Longoria and you can't expect all of our pitchers to be freakin' Cy Young, especially since the best one isn't even pitching in his first game until Wednesday!

Why can't the O's have an Evan Longoria? Why is this organization exempt from getting a player to play like a guy like Longoria? This is the one I find the most amusing.. every team in the league can have one of these guys except the O's. Their guys have to struggle for 2 years before they can turn the corner and become a good big league ball player.

We had a good opportunity to improve the club this past offseason but didn't want to spend. We had a good opportunity this draft but went for a signability pick who should have gone mid round at best. Opportunaties this offseason will not be as good.

Damn right i'm *****ing about it... How is this team showing progression when they lose to Bruce Chen? The only job this guy could land is with the Royals... This isn't Roy Halladay or Jon Lester...

Have they progressed in hitting LHP's? NO! Are they still running bases like they're drunk playing wiffle ball? YES! Are they making fundamental mistakes almost on a daily basis? YES! Has their defense truly improved? NO! Are they swinging through hit & runs? YES! Can they slide into home plate and touch it?

I could go on and on picking these guys apart... Yes Riemold, Bergesen and Hernandez has been a breath of fresh air.. but at the end of the day the progression as a TEAM isn't there.

The reason we lost to ****ing Bruce Chen, is because he is a better pitcher the Rich Hill. That's the 1 and only reason.

They lost to Robinson Tejeda. Chen left the game in a tie.

This is progress:

2nd year player A. Jones (23 years old): .298/15/54/.352/.483

1st year players:

N. Remiold(25 years old): .287/9/27/.368/.470 (in only 60 games)

M. Weiters (22 years old): .254/3/12 (only 38 games, compare to other C's plus factorhe is second year from college.....)

B. Berg (23 years old): 3.56 ERA/1.28WHIP

D. Hernandez (23 years old): 3.20 ERA/1.36WHIP

The point is progress. Adam Jones has shown unbelievable progress. This is what the team is banking on. When everyone else matures as he did, we will have a team of stars.

You listed 4 players... And I agree with your post... don't get me wrong... We are missing another 20 players on the roster.

Why can't the O's have an Evan Longoria? Why is this organization exempt from getting a player to play like a guy like Longoria? This is the one I find the most amusing.. every team in the league can have one of these guys except the O's. Their guys have to struggle for 2 years before they can turn the corner and become a good big league ball player.

Because we traded him for the best young OF in baseball. Soon you will see the rays saying, why can't we get a guy like Wieters, Jones, Kakes, Riemold, and that's not even accounting for the pitching.

Last time I checked wins and losses is the only thing that mattered in professional sports. It's great to have all these feel good stories, but at some point those stories need to translate into victories and not us sitting here *****ing and moaning every night cause the O's just got dusted off by the sorry ass KC Royals.

Hello forest, meet tree.

The reason we lost to ****ing Bruce Chen, is because he is a better pitcher the Rich Hill. That's the 1 and only reason.

You have got to be kidding me right? So Rich Hill held the birds bats in check for 5 innings? Scored only 3 runs off 8 hits, and 6K's????? This dude has a 6.38 ERA.. He's very hittable!

You have got to be kidding me right? So Rich Hill held the birds bats in check for 6 innings? Scored only 3 runs off 8 hits, and 6K's????? This dude has a 6.38 ERA.. He's very hittable!

I never said that Chen was good, just better then Hill. As the saying goes, your only as good as your next days starter, and ours was not good. Don't you think the royals (who were suposed to be good this year) would have said, "I can't believe we lost to Rich Hill" And I wouldn't say he held the bats in check since we left a ton of runners on in the first 5 innings. He got out of some bad situations in the game, i.e he did his Job...our pitchers did not.

Are you serious? You have a problem with young players developing like young players?

Like I said, you are impatient, and the more you try to deny it the more you prove it.

Archived