LA Angels

Wild Bill

Take this rumor with a grain of salt. WB forgot to add in the FWIW. Remember, his last posts said something about Brian Roberts being out until June/July. He also said that Miggy demanded the trade because of his feud with Hernandez. Not to mention a lot of other rumors. 3, 2, 1, KILL ME!

Yeah, you got more guts than me. If I wrote what I really feal about WB and his predictions I would be kicked off this board.

I guess we are desparate for any changes that we would take this absurd trade idea seriously.

I guess we can never prove him wrong though so he can keep coming on here and stirring things up.....only to walk away for a few months.

Than bring us (some of us) back in all over again.....

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, you got more guts than me. If I wrote what I really feal about WB and his predictions I would be kicked off this board.

I guess we are desparate for any changes that we would take this absurd trade idea seriously.

I guess we can never prove him wrong though so he can keep coming on here and stirring things up.....only to walk away for a few months.

Than bring us (some of us) back in all over again.....

I agree, what ever happened to that blockbuster deal we were so close to doing for so long awhile back?

I agree, what ever happened to that blockbuster deal we were so close to doing for so long awhile back?

There was tons of those that never panned out. But we cant question him for fear of backlash on this board.

You know what, big deal! Give me negative points, I dont give a damn. Right now I am so pissed at this pitching staff I dont have patience for WB and his predictions. Not one has come to fruitiion since Maz and I dont fall for his games.

I don't have much experience with WB posts. Evidently, feelings run high, and at least a few people are steamed. I don't know why. I can't tell whether people are steamed at WB himself, or if people are steamed because they are expected to have trust in his posts. It sounds as if people feel they have been punished for not trusting them, or respecting them, or something.

I don't want to start a yell-a-thon. Can someone sketch out what this is about? It would work best for me if you could summarize without being snarky about it (hard though that may be ;-)

It appears to me that WB earned his "insider" cred by breaking the Mazilli firing and Duquette hiring before anyone else.

Since I've been around, the guy seems to come out with "insider" scoops that are the more "juicy" than Belkast's or bigbird's. He also tends to be more quick to suggest that something big is imminent.

Case in point is this latest (paraphrasing)...

Belkast/bigbird: "well not much going on lately... not much interest in Javy but the Angels will be looking at him."

wildbill: "the Angels are very interested in Gibbons and a deal is close."

Think NY Times vs. NY Post.

It appears to me that WB earned his "insider" cred by breaking the Mazilli firing and Duquette hiring before anyone else.

Since I've been around, the guy seems to come out with "insider" scoops that are the more "juicy" than Belkast's or bigbill's. He also tends to be more quick to suggest that something big is imminent.

Case in point is this latest (paraphrasing)...

bigbill: "well not much going on lately... not much interest in Javy but the Angels will be looking at him."

wildbill: "the Angels are very interested in Gibbons and a deal is close."

Think NY Times vs. NY Post.

That would be Bigbird, not bigbill....................

Wild Bill also talked about our interest in Manny before it happened.

You guys STILL do not understand that things are talked about and things fall apart due to many reasons.

I knew of a deal that would have brought us Texeiria a few years ago had the Rangers signed Delgado. That is the way it goes. Things are talked, things are put in place but other things have to happen for those things to work out.

At some point, MAYBE you guys will figure this out and learn to understand it.

These guys are told something and in turn, they tell us.

Highly doubtful WB is making up trading Gibbons, since he seems to be a huge supporter of Gibbons.

Wild Bill also talked about our interest in Manny before it happened.

You guys STILL do not understand that things are talked about and things fall apart due to many reasons.

I knew of a deal that would have brought us Texeiria a few years ago had the Rangers signed Delgado. That is the way it goes. Things are talked, things are put in place but other things have to happen for those things to work out.

At some point, MAYBE you guys will figure this out and learn to understand it.

These guys are told something and in turn, they tell us.

Highly doubtful WB is making up trading Gibbons, since he seems to be a huge supporter of Gibbons.

SG, could this bea reason that the O's didnt go after Delgado hard?

I personally always thought it was part of beattie's incompetence...but the O's at that time were always a more reactionary team it seems.

That would be Bigbird, not bigbill....................

I think he is on to something. It's just easier for us if the insiders are all named Bill. So from now on, WildBill, Billkast and BigBill will give us all the scoops! :D Or BillBird if you prefer? :P

I don't have much experience with WB posts. Evidently, feelings run high, and at least a few people are steamed. I don't know why. I can't tell whether people are steamed at WB himself, or if people are steamed because they are expected to have trust in his posts. It sounds as if people feel they have been punished for not trusting them, or respecting them, or something.

I don't want to start a yell-a-thon. Can someone sketch out what this is about? It would work best for me if you could summarize without being snarky about it (hard though that may be ;-)

He called the Maz thing about an hour or so before it became public. Another guy named Earl confirmed it right after. I, among others, called out Earl as nothing more than a copycat. I got trashed for it and so did others.

As it turned out, Earl was full of it and dissapeared soon after.

WB got a lot of deserved attention for a while after that.

But then he kept coming on with his "hang on for the ride" posts predicting a lot of exciting trades to come.

At one point, when nothing was happening, he said no one will come here because of the 2nd half of last year

It was a strange 360 for him.

Anyway, later her predicted a rift between Tejada and Hernandez and guaranteed that Tejada would be gone.

Every month or so he comes back, makes a wild prediction or guarantee and they never come to fruition.

Some people (like me) challenge him and get trashed and hit with negative rep points for daring to challenge the allmighty WB who predicted the Maz firing.

We are constantly reminded that talks break down. But he is never as tactful as BBird or Belkast so some of us dont like his posts. They always lead to "hey WB, BBird and Belkast, have you heard anything"?

Anyway, there is more but that is it in a nutshell. He has never predicted anything else correctly and at one point even Tony called him out.

There you have it

He called the Maz thing about an hour or so before it became public. Another guy named Earl confirmed it right after. I, among others, called out Earl as nothing more than a copycat. I got trashed for it and so did others.

As it turned out, Earl was full of it and dissapeared soon after.

WB got a lot of deserved attention for a while after that.

But then he kept coming on with his "hang on for the ride" posts predicting a lot of exciting trades to come.

At one point, when nothing was happening, he said no one will come here because of the 2nd half of last year

It was a strange 360 for him.

Anyway, later her predicted a rift between Tejada and Hernandez and guaranteed that Tejada would be gone.

Every month or so he comes back, makes a wild prediction or guarantee and they never come to fruition.

Some people (like me) challenge him and get trashed and hit with negative rep points for daring to challenge the allmighty WB who predicted the Maz firing.

We are constantly reminded that talks break down. But he is never as tactful as BBird or Belkast so some of us dont like his posts. They always lead to "hey WB, BBird and Belkast, have you heard anything"?

Anyway, there is more but that is it in a nutshell. He has never predicted anything else correctly and at one point even Tony called him out.

There you have it

You know you can ignore his posts, right? I like reading his predictions because it at least gives us something to discuss on the boards.

Archived