LA Angels

Wild Bill

a rotation of:

Bedard

Lackey/Santana/Escobar

Benson

Cabrera

Penn

allows the O's to drop Lopez and Chen into the bullpen, where they both should be more successful. Sure Chen will leave after the year, but I don't think anyone is itching to block his exit right now, and Lopez will be in the pen next year. If they keep Hawkins, a backend bullpen of Hawkins, Lopez and Ray is pretty solid, especially with Todd Williams and Parrish and most likely Loewen to fill in. Loewen's got to be on the team next year. It makes more sense at this point to give him one of those old-time Orioles way bullpen stewardships than it does to just drop him into the number five spot, when Penn at least now seems more ready.

This also allows the team to start moving pitching prospects for an outfielder/DH without worrying about mortgaging the future because the above pitching staff, even with Escobar and Benson is still young.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to go off of the assumption that WB contact is correct here and we are indeed looking into this.

I would offer up Jay and Javy for Escobar and Kotchman.

Now, that would leave a rotation spot open for the Angels and maybe they would be interested in Rlo thinking that he has been a multiple 15 game winner and has shown himself to be very good at times.

But anyway, lets say we make that deal.

The way i look at it is you are trading Javy for Escobar and Jay for Kotchman. Javy and Escobar are both FA's after this year. And, on top of that, if we are out of the race come the trading deadline, we could look to move Escobar. He is pitching well and he could possibly fetch us a decent player or 2 in July.

So, i would make this deal. Get the first baseman of the future you need and, perhaps most importantly, you greatly improve the overall team defense, which will make the pitching that much better.

It's probably because experts have considered him one of the best prospects in all of baseball for the last several years.

Has anyone considered that his father is a scout for the Angels? Plus, his numbers in the minors come in Salt Lake City, nearly as high as Denver. A hitters paradise. Everything about this guy screams overrated to me.

I am going to go off of the assumption that WB contact is correct here and we are indeed looking into this.

I would offer up Jay and Javy for Escobar and Kotchman.

Now, that would leave a rotation spot open for the Angels and maybe they would be interested in Rlo thinking that he has been a multiple 15 game winner and has shown himself to be very good at times.

But anyway, lets say we make that deal.

The way i look at it is you are trading Javy for Escobar and Jay for Kotchman. Javy and Escobar are both FA's after this year. And, on top of that, if we are out of the race come the trading deadline, we could look to move Escobar. He is pitching well and he could possibly fetch us a decent player or 2 in July.

So, i would make this deal. Get the first baseman of the future you need and, perhaps most importantly, you greatly improve the overall team defense, which will make the pitching that much better.

I'm in complete agreement. :)

Escobar will have more value than Javy come July, and will strengthen the O's rotation in the meantime.

I'd much rather bank my future on Kotchman than Gibbons, plus Kotchman plays a position of need, while Gibbons is readily replacable in RF with Markakis.

Why not Kendry Morales instead of Kotchman?

I'm worried that the O's will take back Erstad. Please God no!!!! And I don't think the Angels will offer Santana. I bet it's Escobar (isn't he a free agent too??).

Also, for the poster who asked about Angels pitching....they have Jered Weaver (Jeff's brother) who is ready to step into the rotation.

I personally think Javy for Escobar is what the deal will be. One to be FA for another. I don't really care for this, but like Dave said Escobar will have more value at the deadline than Javy.

The thing I do like about this deal is that would allow us to get Durazo.

1. Roberts 2B

2. Mora 3B

3. Durazo DH

4. Tejada SS

5. Gibbons RF

6. Hernandez C

7. Patterson CF

8. Conine/Millar 1B

9. Markakis LF

looks pretty good to me.

Say they did a Gibbons for Lackey trade. Could they then go back to the Phillies with Bedard and maybe someone else for Bobby Abreu as was kicked around earlier this year? You'd have a good pitcher to replace Bedard-and maybe even better than Bedard, and also upgrade the hitting (Abreu over Gibbons).

Say they did a Gibbons for Lackey trade. Could they then go back to the Phillies with Bedard and maybe someone else for Bobby Abreu as was kicked around earlier this year? You'd have a good pitcher to replace Bedard-and maybe even better than Bedard, and also upgrade the hitting (Abreu over Gibbons).

I guess its possible the thing I don't understand though is why wouldn't the Angels just go to the Phillies.

Also, Abreu has a no trade clause and Baltimore is on his list. So he'd have to approve a deal.

You could do that although i wouldn't go after Abreu, especially for Bedard.

No way the Angels trade Lackey for Gibbons.

Right...If they do want to deal Lackey or Santana, they likely would do it for Abreu or Nick Johnson before Gibbons.

As I've told you before I really hope if Johnson becomes available we go after him. Unless of course we get a guy like Kotchman.

Right but Javy and Jay for Escobar and Kotchman seems to be a logical and fair deal, if in fact the Angels do really want Jay and we know they could use a catcher right now.

I just think its more likely that we see a Javy for Escobar deal.

Couple other things:

If we trade Gibbons does this mean we are going to go with an outfield of Conine Patterson Markakis.

Call me crazy but i think the Orioles are considering this move, because they are going to go hot and heavy after Miguel Cabrera for LF when he becomes available.

An outfield of Cabrera, Patterson, Markakis looks darn good.

I just think its more likely that we see a Javy for Escobar deal.

Couple other things:

If we trade Gibbons does this mean we are going to go with an outfield of Conine Patterson Markakis.

Call me crazy but i think the Orioles are considering this move, because they are going to go hot and heavy after Miguel Cabrera for LF when he becomes available.

An outfield of Cabrera, Patterson, Markakis looks darn good.

Well, Escobar is having a very solid year and i would think they need to see Javy doing alot more than he is now to do that trade.

BTW, i think the idea to get MCab is done now. With the unfortunate extension to Mora, MCab is likely not a possibility anymore because he would complain to much about going ot the OF. He already has a rep for having a poor attitude(although he is young) and since he wants to be at third, it may cause an issue.

Archived