I'm telling you...Matsui.

ejf1025

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a whole bunch of other things fell into (or out of) place, I'd welcome Matsui here as a DH. However, I think that's an "ankle bone" signing, and the team hasn't really decided who the "hip bone" is yet.

And I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the Yankee$ cut Matsui loose, either.

In that case we can sign Damon.:eek::laughlol:

Matsui would be a good signing if the O's could get him here for a 2 year deal. He could split time between DH and 1b, with an occasional start in LF. He wouldn't prevent us from signing someone like Fielder or Gonzalez in a year or 2.

Scott is traded somewhere this offseason, so he could take Scott's spot.

Matsui is usually good for .360-380 OBP which would help the O's a lot.

If we're gonna form the A-Team here, I get to be Howling Mad Murdock. I won't accept any challenges on this.
I knew Murdock,(true) he was a friend of mine, and let me tell you, you're no Murdock.... and you should be glad, Dwight was nuttier in real life tha he ever was on the A-Team.:laughlol:

Its gonna be a long off-season...

I think we're getting set up for a whopper of a disappointing offseason. Largely standing pat.

Matsui made 13 million this year, I don't think he's going to be looking for any sort of pay cut, nothing significant at least. I don't think he'll be looking for a one year option kind of deal coming off a 28 homer season.

I think we're getting set up for a whopper of a disappointing offseason. Largely standing pat.

Matsui made 13 million this year, I don't think he's going to be looking for any sort of pay cut, nothing significant at least. I don't think he'll be looking for a one year option kind of deal coming off a 28 homer season.

I don't think Abreu and Dunn were looking for pay cuts last year.

Wow...actual baseball congrats. At least you are consistent and "walked away" from this thread just liked you walked away from the OH.

I don't think he'll be looking for a 1 yr. Nor do I think we should give him one. I think a two-year, with a 3rd option at about 7-9 mil per sounds about right. Matsui is not getting anywhere near 13 mil a year; he'll make his money across a 2-3 yr deal in this baseball economy.

As Gordo pointed out, several other hitters waited out for big deals that weren't there. He'll meet the same end if he tries it.

Wow...actual baseball congrats. At least you are consistent and "walked away" from this thread just liked you walked away from the OH.

I don't think he'll be looking for a 1 yr. Nor do I think we should give him one. I think a two-year, with a 3rd option at about 7-9 mil per sounds about right. Matsui is not getting anywhere near 13 mil a year; he'll make his money across a 2-3 yr deal in this baseball economy.

As Gordo pointed out, several other hitters waited out for big deals that weren't there. He'll meet the same end if he tries it.

Enough. Stop trying to pick a fight, and stick to the topic at hand.

Enough. Stop trying to pick a fight, and stick to the topic at hand.

Fine but this deserved the same reprimand:

Are you serious right here? I give you the final word and all you can say is "Thanks...."? I don't even get a snide, parting shot? Come on dude, I'm not asking for much here.

Let's try this again, from the top...

Alright dude, you can have the last word, it's all yours.

Archived