Viviano Show Question O's/Phils

o'sfan2009

I didn't actually hear the question or responses; I was just informed that the question was proposed.

Which starters on the Orioles would start on the Phillies?

IMO - Markakis with Werth as DH

Jones as a LFer

Weiters over Ruiz

And that's it

Maybe Matusz/Tillman/Bergesen in the back of the rotation.

Thoughts?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't actually hear the question or responses; I was just informed that the question was proposed.

Jones as a LFer

Weiters over Ruiz

And that's it

Thoughts?

I think Utley could play 3rd base. They could absolutely use Roberts.

Today? OMG, Ibanez hands down. Would I trade Jones for Ibanez? Hell no, but right now Raul Ibanez is a huge part of that team.

Man by man I would take every Phillie except Wieters over every Oriole including Werth over Markakis anyday of the week. This just truly shows how far a gap there is between the lowly Orioles and a World Champion quality team.

Man by man I would take every Phillie except Wieters over every Oriole including Werth over Markakis anyday of the week. This just truly shows how far a gap there is between the lowly Orioles and a World Champion quality team.

You're blinded by your dislike for Markakis.

In 7 seasons, Werth has amassed an .827 OPS and 93 HR.

In 4 seasons, Markakis has put up an .838 OPS and 77 HR.

Markakis plays better defense and runs the bases better.

Markakis > Werth and it's not really as close as you might interpret the numbers.

Markakis > Werth and it's not really as close as you might interpret the numbers.

I-like-where-this-thread-is-going-2.jpg

Markakis runs the bases better? How so? I thought I heard that Werth had 20 some steals and was only caught once or twice? If so, you are way, way WAY wrong in that statement. Markakis only had a handful of steals didn't he?:confused: Not to mention worth hit twice as many dingers.:rolleyes:

Markakis runs the bases better? How so? I thought I heard that Werth had 20 some steals and was only caught once or twice? If so, you are way, way WAY wrong in that statement. Markakis only had a handful of steals didn't he?:confused: Not to mention worth hit twice as many dingers.:rolleyes:

How many freakin times does this point need to be made for it to finally sink into your thick, or softening, skull? Frobby and now Scottie have already smacked down your Werth Vs. Markakis argument with numbers that show your position to be...feeble! Let it go, for the love of God!

You point out one part oldfan. Werth has 93 homeruns over 7 seasons Markakis 77 in 4 in a rough estimate that is 19.75 hrs a year for Markakis

and get this 13.75 homeruns a year for Werth werth

Jones as a LFer

Weiters over Ruiz

And that's it

Thoughts?

I think you've pretty much nailed it, especially with the pitching if you're considering the start of the Phillies' season.

Weerth has turned out to be much better than they thought, but this is a career year for him. Of course he benefits from hitting in that lineup and in that ballpark, too. I'll be amazed if hits this well again.

[/b]

You point out one part oldfan. Werth has 93 homeruns over 7 seasons Markakis 77 in 4 in a rough estimate that is 19.75 hrs a year for Markakis

and get this 13.75 homeruns a year for Werth werth

Well, maybe I have misunderstood the question. To me the question is who in the Orioles lineup right now versus the Phillies lineup would you take (as in battling the Yankees (right now). Again, I have to go with Werth. I think Werth has 5 homers in the post season this year which is equal to AROD. We are talking about their lineups right now not comparing career stats. That is how I viewed this topic. In other words, if you are Charlie Manuel I guarantee if you had a choice between Nick Markakis or Werth when pencilling in your lineup card he would be writing in Werth's name. I guarantee it!

Well, maybe I have misunderstood the question. To me the question is who in the Orioles lineup right now versus the Phillies lineup would you take (as in battling the Yankees (right now). Again, I have to go with Werth. I think Werth has 5 homers in the post season this year which is equal to AROD. We are talking about their lineups right now not comparing career stats. That is how I viewed this topic. In other words, if you are Charlie Manuel I guarantee if you had a choice between Nick Markakis or Werth when pencilling in your lineup card he would be writing in Werth's name. I guarantee it!

Good point. Markakis doesn't have any playoff homers. What a bum.

Well, considering your track record in guarantees, I am for sure taking this one to the bank!

declined.jpg

What???!! Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Archived