Viviano Show Question O's/Phils

o'sfan2009

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Markakis runs the bases better? How so? I thought I heard that Werth had 20 some steals and was only caught once or twice? If so, you are way, way WAY wrong in that statement. Markakis only had a handful of steals didn't he?:confused: Not to mention worth hit twice as many dingers.:rolleyes:

Running the bases is different from steals, so to insinuate that that is all there is is way, way WAY wrong.

It does't matter... just wait... we're going to see all this potential blossem into a championship caliber team.... check back in 2-3 years and ask the same question.. (being facetious here if you couldn't tell)

Good thing you're a Fan4Life. :wedge:

:D

Man by man I would take every Phillie except Wieters over every Oriole including Werth over Markakis anyday of the week. This just truly shows how far a gap there is between the lowly Orioles and a World Champion quality team.

So, you'd take guys like Matt Stairs and Feliz over Markakis and Jones, just to name a few? You're either exaggerating the situation or you're not a fan of this team. Truthfully, I can't tell the difference.

And even if you misinterpreted the original question, comparing playoff performances of Werth to Markakis is pointless--despite the number of homeruns the former has hit this postseason. That comparison only works if/when Markakis makes the playoffs. To judge otherwise just shows bias or insanity--on your part.

Running the bases is different from steals, so to insinuate that that is all there is is way, way WAY wrong.

Well, then please quantify how in any way, shape, or form that Nick Markakis is a "better" base runner than Jason Werth is right now? This statement was made with absolutely nothing to warrant or support it. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Werth is the vastly superior base runner.

So, you'd take guys like Matt Stairs and Feliz over Markakis and Jones, just to name a few? You're either exaggerating the situation or you're not a fan of this team. Truthfully, I can't tell the difference.

And even if you misinterpreted the original question, comparing playoff performances of Werth to Markakis is pointless--despite the number of homeruns the former has hit this postseason. That comparison only works if/when Markakis makes the playoffs. To judge otherwise just shows bias or insanity--on your part.

No, they are bench players though that I would take over guys like Montanez and Fiorintino.

Ask any Phillie fan if they would rather have Nick Markakis in the lineup during the WS over Jason Werth. That is all I am saying. Right now he is the better player.

Well, then please quantify how in any way, shape, or form that Nick Markakis is a "better" base runner than Jason Werth is right now? This statement was made with absolutely nothing to warrant or support it. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Werth is the vastly superior base runner.

So now you want a quantification of something that can't really be quantified.

Being a better runner comes from observations. When he is on base, how does he read the ball off the bat? Can he go 1st to 3rd or home? Does he challenge OF'ers to get the ball into the infield quicker?

Without using the number of steals, how is Werth the vastly superior base runner?

Archived