KC Star: O's want Butler or Gordon for Pie?

ChaosLex

The Royals remain interested in a trade to acquire outfielder Felix Pie but appear unable — and unwilling — to meet Baltimore’s asking price of a run-production corner infielder.

“I don’t think we have any matchups in their eyes,” general manager Dayton Moore admitted.

The Royals, no surprise, won’t part with first baseman Billy Butler or third baseman Alex Gordon. And the Orioles apparently aren’t interested in anyone else, including the idea of switching second baseman Alberto Callaspo to third.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/1619022.html

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pie is perfect for KC so I wouldn't say this is dead just yet. I think AM has the patience of Job and I wouldn't be surprised if he rekindled this in a couple of weeks. Maybe Pie, Snyder, Johnson and pick a prospect for Butler and Soria? KC gets a 1st baseman to replace Butler, their starting CF, a soon to be ML ready pitcher and a prospect. Probably not, but what the hell:)

Edit: I doubt my trade is strong enough but I would be interested in hearing other's thoughts.

How about Pie and Johnson for Butler?

People here seem to vastly underrate Butler. He put up an .849 OPS at the age of 23. He hit 51 doubles and 21 Hrs while batting .300.... at the age of 23! Pie and Johnson almost certainly wouldn't get it done but I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Archived