Warehouse Excuses - Nothing Ever Changes!

Old#5fan

I don't read that in what he said at all. But of course I can read.:rolleyestf:

That's your interpretation.

Reading comprehension and interpreting meaning are two different things.

I don't think its cool for one fan to tell another fan to walk away because they don't like how the franchise is being run.

Nice to know you know how to read though. That helps.

MSK

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see the direction they're moving in, makng money first with winning secondary and it makes me sick. I will not leave. I will be here when someone rescues the Orioles from Angelos' reign of ruin. And I am not a fool.

If that's the way you see things, well, than you're either completely wrong or allowing the sins of the past to cloud your views of the present and future. Both can only be remedied by you yourself, and neither tends to be met as a path to constructive discussion.

That's your interpretation.

Reading comprehension and interpreting meaning are two different things.

I don't think its cool for one fan to tell another fan to walk away because they don't like how the franchise is being run.

Nice to know you know how to read though. That helps.

MSK

Are you obligated to be a fan of the O's, or is that your choice? I no, do you like the way the FO is operating? If no, why do you stay a fan?

If that's the way you see things, well, than you're either completely wrong or allowing the sins of the past to cloud your views of the present and future. Both can only be remedied by you yourself, and neither tends to be met as a path to constructive discussion.

I think getting Angelos to spend the money to produce a winner, instead of trying to finish first in earnings is a constructive discussion. There's plenty of evidence to support the position. Twelve straight losong seasons with 13 coming, third in earnings for all baseball over the last seven years, lowering his payroll 19% over the last 10 years while 25 of the clubs raised theirs an average of 94%, all in the face of an influx of MASN money. If you don't change Angelos' behavior there is not much chance we will ever be a contender.

I think getting Angelos to spend the money to produce a winner, instead of trying to finish first in earnings is a constructive discussion. There's plenty of evidence to support the position. Twelve straight losong seasons with 13 coming, third in earnings for all baseball over the last seven years, lowering his payroll 19% over the last 10 years while 25 of the clubs raised theirs an average of 94%, all in the face of an influx of MASN money. If you don't change Angelos' behavior there is not much chance we will ever be a contender.

Talking in terms of twelve years instead of three. Making blanket statements about payroll when the average age of the team dropped 3.5 years over the same period.

Like I said, blinded by the sins of the past.

Talking in terms of twelve years instead of three. Making blanket statements about payroll when the average age of the team dropped 3.5 years over the same period.

Like I said, blinded by the sins of the past.

And this year, 2010, we will have earnings of 60 million blowing away the record of 43.7 for the last 20 years. Our gate receipts are 47 million, we could let everyone in for free in 2010 and still earn 13 million, putting us in the lower third.

This is sig worthy. I'm too lazy to do it though.

Uh, you truly believe AM has never wasted any money since taking over as GM of the Orioles. I will offer you the signing of one Ty Wigginton to counter that claim.:laughlol:

[Citation Needed]

Forbes, 2008 earnings = 27 million. player expenses = 92 million, breakeven payroll=119 million. With a lot of money coming off the books next year payroll looks to be about 60 million and therefore earnings will be about 60 million. Highest earnings over the last 20 years was 43.7 million, done by the Nationals and Marlins.

Forbes, 2008 earnings = 27 million. player expenses = 92 million, breakeven payroll=119 million. With a lot of money coming off the books next year payroll looks to be about 60 million and therefore earnings will be about 60 million. Highest earnings over the last 20 years was 43.7 million, done by the Nationals and Marlins.
With attendence down why do you assume earning will reamain the same, even if you accept Forbes as being accurate.

That's not a citation, that's the parts of your source that support your argument. And I'm no econ major, but that math looks WAY WAY off.

With attendence down why do you assume earning will reamain the same, even if you accept Forbes as being accurate.

The gate receipts were for 2008, I thought 2009 and 2008 were real close. I don't have the 2009 figures to say for sure though. If gate receipts dropped in 2009 then you're right and earnings should be lowered.

The gate receipts were for 2008, I thought 2009 and 2008 were real close. I don't have the 2009 figures to say for sure though. If gate receipts dropped in 2009 then you're right and earnings should be lowered.
They dropped. Ave. attendance down 5%

Bravo.

Nothing like one fan telling another fan that they shouldn't be a fan because they don't like the way the FO operates.

Classic.

MSK

I didn't say that people who didn't agree with the FO shouldn't be fans; I said they didn't HAVE to be.

On an unrelated note...Happy 2010 everyone!

Archived