Crowley likes Aubrey

ChaosLex

Moore has played LF maybe 20 games in his career and now he can play the outfield?? That's a stretch if I've ever seen one. If that's all it takes for a player to know a position well then someone needs to tell the O's.

Scott Moore shouldn't be on this team any more than Mike Aubrey. They just don't match up at all for the Orioles needs. They are this years version of JR House (except he could hit in the minors) and so we'll debate them incessantly until they go to another team and not make it there and so on...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aubrey is projected by CHONE to be worse than replacement level this season.

I agree with what you say in the rest of your post, but you don't expect managment to make decisions based on CHONE projections, do you?

FWIW, CHONE is the most pessimistic of the four sytems who have published projections for Aubrey so far. Nobody has him with an OPS over .765, though.

Moore has played LF maybe 20 games in his career and now he can play the outfield?? That's a stretch if I've ever seen one. If that's all it takes for a player to know a position well then someone needs to tell the O's.

Scott Moore shouldn't be on this team any more than Mike Aubrey. They just don't match up at all for the Orioles needs. They are this years version of JR House (except he could hit in the minors) and so we'll debate them incessantly until they go to another team and not make it there and so on...

But Moore is more versatile than Aubrey, thus the reason he should be on the team over Aubrey(if he demonstrates he is healthy and playing well of course).

He has no business starting for us or any other ML team.

And you have no business making such authoritative-sounding statements as if they were absolute truths when they are simply opinions....;)

FWIW, prior to his injury, Aubrey was putting up MiL stats very similar to those of Casey Kotchman, who you were promoting for an Oriole "love affair" a few years ago.

But Moore is more versatile than Aubrey, thus the reason he should be on the team over Aubrey(if he demonstrates he is healthy and playing well of course).

Scott Moore isn't all that defensively and Luke looked lost ( New position in his defense! ) and I don't think the O's will chance him at full time 1st base. Aubrey may be versatile, but we don't know because the situation maybe never came up. I saw a lot of interaction between Crow and Aubrey during the last month and a half of the season and I believe it helped Aubrey a lot.

SG, you were dead on about Crow's first reclamation project last year (Pie), why so down on his second? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It seemed to me that the little light bulb came on for Aubrey, maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong. :)

I have a feeling that Michael Aubrey will be the newest player who essentially won a job during the previous September (or in limited action), and fails miserably the following season.

Past players include:

Luis Hernandez

Brian Bass

Alfredo Simon

Great observation, although I don't think that Aubrey would be as relatively bad as those three. I'm hoping that the fallback plan is Scott at 1B, with Aubrey as a backup, and in that case his likely .750-ish OPS wouldn't hurt too badly.

Don't get bent out of shape, I'm JUST ASKING!

Project Aubrey's stats for 585 AB in 2010. And do the same for James Loney. I am not saying they are twins or even comps, just asking....how far apart are their stats in your opinions?

Personally, assuming no additions before the season, I'm 100% behind Luke at 1B. I want regular AB for Reimold, Pie and Scott and I want Luke back in the field to boost his trade value. But I'm not as negative on Aubrey as some.

Great observation, although I don't think that Aubrey would be as relatively bad as those three. I'm hoping that the fallback plan is Scott at 1B, with Aubrey as a backup, and in that case his likely .750-ish OPS wouldn't hurt too badly.

I would rather try Aubrey everyday and only if he falters offensively go with Scott. Of course you could also do it the other way around, and insert Aubrey regularly when Scott goes into one of his patented slumps which you know is going to happen its just a matter of when.

Extrapolate the numbers out and you get some productivity. I know why don't we trade some of our young studs or potential studs for Smoak like some want to do. All Aubrey did was hit and get on base but that to some is not good enough, and he plays a good 1st base but that is still not good enough for some on these threads.

Extrapolating a small sample can lead you into some horrible errors. You really have to look at the whole picture.

I'm guessing that most of Aubrey's supporters are "extrapolators."

I would rather try Aubrey everyday and only if he falters offensively go with Scott. Of course you could also do it the other way around, and insert Aubrey regularly when Scott goes into one of his patented slumps which you know is going to happen its just a matter of when.

If Aubrey starts instead of Scott, then his ABs come at the expense of either Scott or Pie, ( or possibly Reimold although I think he'll play every day regardless).

I don't think Michael Aubrey should be taking playing time away from Pie or Scott, except when Scott is ovbiously in the middle of an epic slump. And maybe not even then.

So let me get this straight. As far as 1B and its production go...

Aubrey sucks

Moore sucks

Scott sucks

Atkins sucks (from previous threads)

Lets just leave 1B open and put a 4th guy in the outfield.

Or, just put a 4th outfielder into the lineup and call him a 1Bman.

You know, like Luke Scott. His bat doesn't suck at 1B.

Who needs another corner infielder with Scott and Aubrey competing for the first base job? Isn't that the subtle message being sent by the local media?

I'm not shocked that message is coming from MASN as Melewski is basically a mouthpiece for the organization.

And Zrebiec only says what MacPhail wants him to say.

It's a shame because if the Red Sox or Yankees were to try this their respective FOs would be skewered in the local press, especially after MacPhail made that statement that can be found in my sig.

I just can't believe nobody is picking up on that he's failed to do his job this offseason.

Archived