Bloody Weekend for top ranked teams...

geschinger

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea but it would also show how bad the big 10 is.

The good thing for Michigan was that the 2 losses were out of the conference and one of those 2 losses was to a current top 5 team.

True and True.

They've definitely turned the corner, and like you said, the Oregon loss doesn't look as bad now that they're playing so well.

True and True.

They've definitely turned the corner, and like you said, the Oregon loss doesn't look as bad now that they're playing so well.

Yea, had they not lost to App St, they would probably be in the mix for the National Title and your pick would have looked like you had a slight chance of knowing what you are talking about. :D

Yea, had they not lost to App St, they would probably be in the mix for the National Title and your pick would have looked like you had a slight chance of knowing what you are talking about. :D

Now we know I have no clue what I'm talking about, but you're right that they'd have been in the mix for the title.

I think we see more shakeup by the time the new BCS standings come out....Here are some upsets i am looking at:

VT over BC(upset only by rankings, not reality)

Penn St over Ohio St.

USC over Oregon...Again, upset only by rankings

Texas A & M over Kansas

Rutgers over WVU

That is 5 top 10 teams losing again and Cal could certainly go into ASU and win as well.

Lots of really good games and huge games for the BCS standings.

By the next BCS standings, i think you see LSU/Oklahoma as the new championship game....If ASU beats Cal, they will be in instead of Oklahoma but i think OU will be closing fast.

VT, Florida and USC will all vault into the top 5 if ASU losing and the top 6 if they win.

I think we see more shakeup by the time the new BCS standings come out....Here are some upsets i am looking at:

VT over BC(upset only by rankings, not reality)

Penn St over Ohio St.

USC over Oregon...Again, upset only by rankings

Texas A & M over Kansas

Rutgers over WVU

That is 5 top 10 teams losing again and Cal could certainly go into ASU and win as well.

Lots of really good games and huge games for the BCS standings.

By the next BCS standings, i think you see LSU/Oklahoma as the new championship game....If ASU beats Cal, they will be in instead of Oklahoma but i think OU will be closing fast.

VT, Florida and USC will all vault into the top 5 if ASU losing and the top 6 if they win.

Other than the WVU game, I'm hoping all of that comes to pass. I'm not sure if they play anyone through the rest of their schedule but the way OU has played 2 out of their last 4 games I think they'll have a tough time making it unscathed the rest of the way.

Other than the WVU game, I'm hoping all of that comes to pass. I'm not sure if they play anyone through the rest of their schedule but the way OU has played 2 out of their last 4 games I think they'll have a tough time making it unscathed the rest of the way.

OU's schedule has some sort of tough games but all games they should win...They have home dates vs Texas A&M, Baylor and Ok St....They are on the road at Texas Tech.

3 of those games could give them problems but they probably should win all of them but agree that with the way they are playing, they could lose any one of them.

It was my fault for moving down to a lower section to prep myself for rushing the field. The instant I arrived down near the field to rush , the comeback began. :(

It was very disappointing. I had been standing in the rain for nearly 5 hours (2 hours before the game , 3 hours of the game) and my clothes were soaking wet even with the poncho but I persevered because I wanted on that field. And I nearly got on...if not for that final 2 minute choke. :mad:

Impressive and lucky(onside kick) comeback for BC

The kick was dagger. I thought the 3rd and 20 play was the most painful. On 3rd down deep inside Hokies territory Ryan threw for a touchdown. The entire place got furious until the flag called it back. It was 3rd and 20 , and Ryan threw for a touchdown again. This time , the crowd was silent.

The worst feeling about being at the game was the sudden momentum change. One second we were all yelling , confident of the 10 - point shutout , and everything was good. Then , in a few seconds , everything changed 180. Silence , interspersed with the occasional angry drunk fan yelling a profanity , permeated the air on the grim walk back to my car.

Archived