Bloody Weekend for top ranked teams...

geschinger

Little early to be saying that don't you think?

Hyperbole? Sure. But I do honestly believe the program is very similar to the Miami program during the Schnellenberger era. Other than tradition what USF has to offer when it comes to facilities, location measures favorably compared to UM and FSU.

Yea really...The potential is there but talk to us in 20 years.

Get in on the ground floor. ;)

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most talented teams yes, but the way USC has played the last couple of weeks they have to improve quite a bit to be considered one of the best two teams.

I agree. A lot of their problems are injury related, so they need to get healthy more than anything.

What would LSU do to South Florida or BC? It would be blowout city. As fun as College Football is to watch, the system is even more flawed. Imagine the Pats or Cowboys, whoever loses today basically being eliminated from contention because of one loss. It just doesn't make sense.

What would LSU do to South Florida or BC? It would be blowout city.

Against USF LSU would certainly be favored but I'm not convinced that it would be blowout city. If Kentucky can play with LSU, USF certainly can.

As fun as College Football is to watch, the system is even more flawed. Imagine the Pats or Cowboys, whoever loses today basically being eliminated from contention because of one loss. It just doesn't make sense.

Couldn't agree more. College football needs a playoff system.

What would LSU do to South Florida or BC? It would be blowout city. As fun as College Football is to watch, the system is even more flawed. Imagine the Pats or Cowboys, whoever loses today basically being eliminated from contention because of one loss. It just doesn't make sense.

This is a fantastic post. Let's get a playoff already. Let the teams determine who is the best and will play for the NC, not some sports writers and computers.

LSU could beat BC or USF. But what about Ohio State?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

OSU may be overrated like last year but I don't think they would beat BC , I have to get this strong hate of BC out of my system. "#2" BC (as wacky as it sounds for a team that hasn't really played anyone to rise up to #2) comes to #11 Virginia Tech in 10 days. That game will be the true test for BC...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3056976

But there are plenty of skeptics who wonder if BC, which has never played in a BCS game, is for real. The Eagles' biggest win over the season's first half was a 24-10 thumping of then-No. 15 Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Looked pretty impressive until the Yellow Jackets followed that loss with two more defeats in their next three games.

USF could play with LSU at home...In LSU or on a neutral field, LSU wins by 3 TDs.

You are either way overstimating LSU or underestimating USF. LSU by 3 at USF. LSU by 10 at LSU.

USF has proven they can win in the toughest of environments with big wins @ WVU last year and @ Auburn this year. USF's speed on defense and as well coached as they are would prevent them from getting blown out.

As I thought, LSU w/some serious love from the pollsters only dropping to #5. I'm fine w/that a lot more so than the joke of where USC ended up after losing to Stanford. Cal didn't get the love dropping about 8 spots in the polls. I find it interesting how West Virginia got punished for their embarassing performance in the bye week by dropping in the AP poll.

USF and BC in the top 3 is kind of amazing. I think BC has a real chance as VT might be just as overrated as BC is. I was not impressed at all with their performance against the Carolina teams. With as bad as Miami and FSU are this year Maryland might be the deciding factor. We could actually get an incredibly competetive BCS title game if Ohio State and BC matched up where the winner is nowhere near being the actual best team in the country.

I find it interesting how West Virginia got punished for their embarassing performance in the bye week by dropping in the AP poll.

Agreed, they should have definitely moved up...by default if nothing else. Two teams ahead of them lost, LSU is 5th so WVU should be 6 or 7.

BCS standings out.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3063603

OSU-USF title game! Probably get the worse ratings ever for a major sport's title game...Hopefully that awful game won't happen for the NC.

Hopefully something like that does happen, if only we can get a playoff system implemented. I think if college football had a playoff system, it would compete with the NFL and March Madness in excitement.

Hopefully something like that does happen, if only we can get a playoff system implemented. I think if college football had a playoff system, it would compete with the NFL and March Madness in excitement.

God Forbid Ohio State and South Florida meet in the title game. My guess is neither team will be there. Oklahoma/LSU is my pick for now.

BCS standings out.....

OSU-USF title game! Probably get the worse ratings ever for a major sport's title game...Hopefully that awful game won't happen for the NC.

Yeah and Jimmy Johnson was talking about how the Ohio St University had the easiest road to the NC and that they wouldn't lose again. I'm just thinking yeah, let tOSU go undefeated, LSU will win out and move back into the #2 slot and then knock the living **** out of tOSU in the NC. All of this while we'll have several 1 loss teams with a legitimate beef for being held out of the NC. tOSU hasn't beaten anyone and they play in a crappy conference. This season has been crazy, hopefully it will bring about some change.

BCS standings out.....

I predict all of the top 3 teams will lose before the end of the year. Hawaii might be the only undefeated team at the end of the regular season.

Archived