4/15 O's at A's

8istheman

Do you think these guys hate themselves and each other as much as I hate them right now?

Boy I sure hope so.

There is no way they hate themselves as much as I hate them right now. If they did they would be locked in their rooms listening to Good Charlotte and cutting their wrists due to self loathing.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should start a pool as to when the orioles will win again. I say Sunday, so when we're 1-12?

Speaking of pools. Mine is up and running for the season. Heading in now. Going to take my tv with me and throw it into the pool right before I dive in. :P

So, is the book out on Jones?

He doesn't impress me in the field (even with a GG) and he certainly doesn't impress me at the plate. Maybe he will, someday. I hope. He is still young.

The book's definitely not out on him. He's still very young and very talented. But I don't believe he's doing enough to be the guy in CF, especially when we have Pie and Reimold vying for playing time. Playing time should be split up more evenly between the three.

He's got to find some way to stop biting at every single breaking ball thrown within 4 or 5 feet of the plate.

What amazes me the most about this is that the 1988 Orioles went 0-22. I was born in '89, so obviously I wasn't around to experience that. But given how infuriated I am right now looking at 1-9, I can't even imagine 0-22.

I remember that team. And, even though that team went winless to start the season, this is much more frustrating because more was expected of this team (though not huge expectations) than the 1988 team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Unhappy with 3-3 would be an overstatement.  I’d be a little disappointed.   I don’t “expect” anything - I’m hoping for better.       
    • In less than the last 12 months, we have lost FIVE really good to excellent major league pitchers. Doubt we'd be having this conversation if that hadn't happened. It's been obvious for several years, Elias & Co. valued drafting position players and using that asset plus waiver wire to get pitching. Of the five lost, only one was drafted by us. The trade deadline will be a hard time to make up for the loss of those five. Hopefully we can do enough betwween now and August to continue our trajectory. IMO, the next 8 months will tell a lot about Elias & Co. and our new ownership. Re the OP. IMO, there is no fool proof strategy. To many variables with each. It's almost whatever works and gets you there. Elias & Co. have gotten this far with an Angelos' ownership. I'm anxious to see what changes if any occur in the next eight months. Come next February, I'll have a better feel for our direction and how we are going to handle pitching in general going forward. What we enter 2025 with re pitching will be the telling time for me. But sometimes even the best of plans do not work out because of circumstances beyond your control. Such is life and baseball.
    • Not as short as I thought.  According to this chart, he was here from 1984-1996.  I definitely didn’t realize he was here that long.   Funny, I barely remember what he was like.  I mainly remember him being a good foil for John Lowenstein.  
    • Really nice to see the pitchers progressing with a solid crew from 5-8.
    • I think you are underselling the month. Would you be unhappy if they went 3-3 to start this?  I’m honestly not expecting more than that.
    • If they play well we have a great shot to put a little distance between us and the Yankees.  That would be a great story line going into the ASB. 
    • The discussion in the offseason was, if you trade one, who do you trade. I kept going back and forth on the answer but my ultimate thought process was that Cowser is the better all around player but Kjerstad’s best tool, his power, is better than any single tool Cowser has. I still basically stand by that thought.    This is a long winded way of saying Kjerstad’s power is just better than Cowser’s, so he definitely can get away with things that Cowser can’t. You have pointed out a lot of warning track outs for Cowser. I would suspect many of those would be homers off of Kjerstad’s bat.
  • Popular Contributors