4/17: Orioles at Athletics

Don Quixote

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you have to give the orioles credit for one thing. It's takes effort to find this many ways to lose ballgames.

At least the bright side was I couldn't watch it!

Seriously, a wild pitch strikeout with a guy on second, I mean how many times does that even happen?

It's astounding.

Yeah, 1-11 sucks. But isn't this a bit amplified by the fact that it's the beginning of the season? If this happened in, say, August, I'd bet there'd be fewer people on the ledge.

Regardless, it's gotten to the point where I actually laughed today when I saw the score change to 4-3 on my web browser.

Yeah, 1-11 sucks. But isn't this a bit amplified by the fact that it's the beginning of the season? If this happened in, say, August, I'd bet there'd be fewer people on the ledge.

Regardless, it's gotten to the point where I actually laughed today when I saw the score change to 4-3 on my web browser.

It's different this year; we were told it was about winning.:rolleyes:

I'm not one to normally post in game threads... but I have to wonder...

Who, did we as one collective group of O's fans, piss off to diverse this?:confused:

There has got to be a reason why we are subjected to this game after game.

One day the worm will turn--I'm just not sure when that day will arrive...

The way they are going, you won't have to be worring about a slump post all star break, because it'll be this way all season the way they are going.. Can you imagine.. 2-3 wins a month per every month, all season? It's looking bad enough, to where you can almost start comparing this to the start of the Detroit Tigers just less then a decade ago.. yikes!

Please, shut up, I'm begging you. You're seriously advocating Berken as the closer and stating that Hendrickson is our best BP pitcher. Just shut it. You can see nobody agrees with you. Nobody wants to talk about this now.

He's not really crazy on this one. Aside from Ohman, whose numbers are skewed because he's used almost exclusively to face lefties, Hendrickson and Berken rule our bullpen with 1.35 and 2.08 ERAs and both with sub-1.00 WHIPs. Very small sample size (always the case with relievers), but you can tell that they're both pitching very well right now.

Fun fact not related to potential closers: Kevin Millwood has a 20 SO/BB ratio right now.

Johnson doesn't have his stuff right now, 3 wild pitches and previous struggles show that pretty clearly.

Uehara would be my pick to close if you absolutely must have a closer (I'd rather just go by committee, but whatever), but he's still sidelined.

Meredith's not a terrible option.

Albers is still too inconsistent.

Ohman is the LOOGY and doesn't have favorable splits against righties.

Mickolio is an option, but his WHIP is acting up.

Meredith's an option too, but they seem to prefer being able to bring him in for when they need a double play or ground out.

I just think there really isn't a whole lot to lose by trying Berken or Hendrickson. They've been very good for us lately. If you want to say I'm dreaming, that's cool too.

I'd almost take Hendrickson at closer.

I posted a thread supporting that a while back. He seems like he would be calm enough to handle the pressure but who knows? I truly don't see how he could be any worse than Gonzales and Johnson have been.

Johnson doesn't have his stuff right now, 3 wild pitches and previous struggles show that pretty clearly.

Uehara would be my pick to close if you absolutely must have a closer (I'd rather just go by committee, but whatever), but he's still sidelined.

Meredith's not a terrible option.

Albers is still too inconsistent.

Ohman is the LOOGY and doesn't have favorable splits against righties.

Mickolio is an option, but his WHIP is acting up.

Meredith's an option too, but they seem to prefer being able to bring him in for when they need a double play or ground out.

I just think there really isn't a whole lot to lose by trying Berken or Hendrickson. They've been very good for us lately. If you want to say I'm dreaming, that's cool too.

Welcome to Dave Trembley's world...:scratchchinhmm:

Archived