Blame MacPhail

JTrea81

If we had done what you wanted - given Teix a blank check - and he was here now, what kind of difference would that have made? Do you think we would we have won any more games than we have to this point in the season?

Considering that Tex's batting average is .100, with 0 HRs and 5 RBIs, I doubt it.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering that Tex's batting average is .100, with 0 HRs and 5 RBIs, I doubt it.

Well, yeah THIS year. But last year we would have won the World Series. And he would probably be having a monster second year as he played for the team he always wanted to play for, coming off a regular season and WS MVP :rolleyes:

To give him every chance going forward and to win as many games as we can and show meaningful improvement in the standings, which I think we need to do starting in 2010, it's our job in the front office -- mine specifically and in particular -- to augment, to give him as much help as we possibly can going towards that goal.

Yeah, he should probably resign himself based on this criteria.

Fortunately for us, this team is so terrible that there is room to blame everyone.

Blame the owner.

Blame AM.

Blame DT and the coaches.

Blame the players for sure.

Blame injuries.

Blame bad luck.

It's not easy going 1-11. You really have to fail in a lot of areas to pull it off. Everybody has to make sure they screw up for this to work.

It was something that needed to be said. But then MacPhail failed to act on it. 2010 should be about wins and losses.

He's had 3 offseasons now to build this team. And look where we are:

- This team still looks to have a hole LT at both 1B and 3B as Snyder and Bell are struggling in Norfolk.

- 2B is now a concern LT because of Roberts' back and there's nobody in the minors to take his place.

- SS has still not been solved as Izturis is gone at the end of 2010 with no immediate help in the minors.

- The OF is still a question mark because Jones hasn't rounded back into form offensively and Reimold and Pie have injury concerns and there is no relief in the minors there either.

And this team is supposed to compete in 2011?

There is no positional depth in the minors and that is a result of Andy MacPhail and his obsession with pitching. And MacPhail has failed to acquire the premium talent needed at the ML level to make up for that lack of positional depth. It's exactly the same problem that doomed the Cubs, and history seems to be repeating itself...

You state this is a long term failure but all the failures you list a essentially short term problems. Snyder and Bell are off to a slow start... but it's only been a few games into the season. No long term solution to 2B... but one really wasn't needed before March of this year. No long term solution for SS because Izturis isn't signed after this year... well, didn't know that you liked him that much - but I am sure you wouldn't be happy if he is signed to a long-term contract. Jones hasn't rounded back into form... it's 11 games. And Reimold and Pie are injury concerns... but they also talented and will return from their injuries.

So, all you have really done is define why we have gotten off to such a lousy start and in a way proven that this really isn't MacPhail's fault at this time.

I don't know why everyone is always down on Trea when the guy only speaks the truth. This is one of the worst run FOs I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in my short 35 years (30 of which were spent watching baseball).

We aren't aggressive on the FA market. We make mediocre trades for guys who have what I call the "IF" clause because their signing is always hedged on whether or not they MIGHT bounce back.

ATKINS

EATON

PAYTON

RAMON HERNANDEZ

SAMMY SOSA

BAEZ

KRIS BENSON

MIGGI

And lord know who else because I've blocked it out of my mind.

Let's get this through people's skulls: ANDY MACPHAIL is incapable of building this team to a contender's status. He was AWESOME at turning the farm system around to where an average MLB team has theirs but beyond that, I can't see where he's going to make the necessary, big time deal with an impact bat and a true, honest-to-god, front of the rotation starter and quality bullpen help.

People can shout statistics at me all night long, but the proof is in the pudding. This team isn't awful, but is still missing a few key elements and AM refuses to make the moves that fix those holes and for the life of me I don't understand why.

Show me where I'm wrong.

MSK

Why exactly are you mentioning these guys, when MacPhail did not bring them in, save for Tejada, Part Deux, and in the case of Tejada and Hernandez, MacPhail traded them for somethinig of at least marginal value? What I don't see in this list, quite the random one at that, is that unlike past front office leadership, the guys MacPhail has brought in, save for Gonzalez & Wigginton, were signed to one year deals that were exactly what they should be, stop-gap moves not meant to clutter or take up space long term on the roster. Pretty much all the other guys you mentioned were brought in by someone other than MacPhail, signed to longer contracts, and sold to the fanbase as being big and impressive moves.

This habit of "medicore" guys did not start with MacPhail, and when the day comes he is no longer here it won't end.

AM certainly has to take some blame.

He thought the product the HE put on the field was good enough to judge them by their performance.

The product HE put on the field stinks and is a laughing stock in MLB.

They product HE put on the field is no closer to contention.

Anyone think we are competing next year? How about the year after?

I do not see a turn-around story here, just another verse of the same song.

I love the Jtrea haters, even he guy that throws out Scott Moore like that means anything in this thread.

Its not that I agree with all the specifics but I am a little tired of all the AM apologist.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I love the Jtrea haters, even he guy that throws out Scott Moore like that means anything in this thread.

Really, I think it has everything to do with this thread. He's blasting AM, again. He's harping about lost opportunities in signing "premium talent", again. He's crapping on Oriole prospects in trying to conclude that we have no long term solutions at the corner infield spots because of the first couple of weeks in a season. Meanwhile his two man crushes, Tex and Scott "Bambino" Moore, are both doing horrible too...yet he doesn't mention them.

I think pretty much anything is fair game with the walking broken record that is JTrea.

Really, I think it has everything to do with this thread. He's blasting AM, again. He's harping about lost opportunities in signing "premium talent", again. He's crapping on Oriole prospects in trying to conclude that we have no long term solutions at the corner infield spots because of the first couple of weeks in a season. Meanwhile his two man crushes, Tex and Scott "Bambino" Moore, are both doing horrible too...yet he doesn't mention them.

I think pretty much anything is fair game with the walking broken record that is JTrea.

Yeah Tex is doing horrible in a dozen or so games. Great point. I will bump this thread at the end of the year and we will see if we have one player within 20% of his production.

You are bashing the messenger but the reality is this is AM product and it stinks plain and simple. These are the guys he decided he wanted to go to battle with and their play in 2010 is a joke.

I could care less who the names are I care about the team. Its 2010 and we are not even close to being competitive forget contending. It will take AM years, not months, not next year, but years to play meaningful games.

Archived