4/18, Orioles (1-11) @ Athletics (9-4)

nevadaO

I mean if a pitcher is doing good and executing his pitches. Hell yeah you better keep him in. But if he is leaving pitches up and allowing runs then you should pull him. some teams use pitch count and some don't
They all use pitch counts. Not all of them use the pitch count as a primary factor for deciding when to pull someone, but all of them take the count into consideration. Especially with young pitchers.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Z

Twice today the A's announcers commented on AJ's lack of intensity in the outfield. One time they said "he was back on his heels" instead of aggressively approaching the ball to throw out a guy tagging up. The other time they laughed at how casually he jogged in to catch a pop up and "looked directly in the sun" instead of getting to his spot fast and shielding the sun with his glove.

We will never know if a different player would have found a way to make those plays.

If you like AJ fine. If many think he is a ego driven guy who could be much better if he dropped his casual cool style and upped his focus, fine as well.

What amazes me is how many people bash the people who find AJ to be a player who isn't fully meeting his potential.

Sorry, but that last paragraph is BS. People are getting angry at the comments abojut Jones being a showoff or cocky. If you have some fair comments on how you feel Jones isn't reaching his potential, fine. But some of these comments are over the top and not needed.

It looked like Turner to me.

It was. I was just watching with no context since I'm listening to music and had come in from the other room, so I didn't know where we were in the line-up. Got fooled by the shin guard.

Archived