5/15: Indians at Orioles

BowieMike

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahem.

Letters.

It took an absolutely perfect throw to get him, did it not? How many times to people defend Samuel because someone nailed someone at home w/ a perfect throw?

I don't understand why Patterson didn't swing at that pitch really. It was belt high right down the middle.

It took an absolutely perfect throw to get him, did it not? How many times to people defend Samuel because someone nailed someone at home w/ a perfect throw?

I don't understand why Patterson didn't swing at that pitch really. It was belt high right down the middle.

It's just not worth the risk to me.

Him getting caught takes away significantly from the probability of scoring a run on an out.

Yeah, he was a dead duck...good armed catcher needs perfect throw to get him!

Sorry--I'm following the game blind: I was going by the play-by-play and they didn't make it sound close. Plus accumalated frustration from Jones being thrown out (by quite a margin, according to the radio).

With Patterson as hot as he's been, I was also against cutting down on his RBI possibilities.

Absolutely no excuse for the sb call there. None. Izzy had better been going on his own. In a 1-0 game with a guy that never gets doubled up. Sorry but no reason what so ever to run there.

Sorry--I'm following the game blind: I was going by the play-by-play and they didn't make it sound close. Plus accumalated frustration from Jones being thrown out (by quite a margin, according to the radio).

With Patterson as hot as he's been, I was also against cutting down on his RBI possibilities.

It was definitely close. If the throw was off by a foot either way, he would have been safe.

Jones was out by a mile.

Archived