Windsor outpitched Loewen

NewMarketSean

Watched both pitchers until they were taken out.

Windsor threw strikes, got ahead of hitters and had a nice change-up.

Outside of the error, he was much better than Loewen. Even with the error, he was still better than Loewen.

Loewen look awkward and rattled at times. I thought after he hit Swisher for the second time he would self-destruct. Thank god he didn't. But it was the same old Loewen. Balls, balls, balls.

I just don't understand why our pitchers have such a hard time throwing strikes.

It kills me and frustrates me to no end. We've replaced Cabrera with another guy who can't throw strikes. Now I think Loewen will improve, but only time will tell.

I would feel a lot more confident if Loewen changed lines with Windsor though. That guy is going to be OK.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Loewen will be a quicker study than Cabrera. He just had trouble locating his fastball tonight. The fact that he throws 3 pitches with confidence will ramp him up much faster. It's just a matter of him gaining experience and locating his fastball. Looked like he dabbled with a bit of a cutter tonight, too. Maybe he's been chatting w/ #45...

Just think it's funny how a pitcher making his MLB debut outpitched a former first round pick who already made 6 MLB starts, got sent down, looked AMAZING, is back with the team -- and is showing no improvement.

I'm just frustrated is all. I really wanted to see Loewen come out and impress and he looked the same as his last 5 starts. All O's players look the same. They never seem to get any better.

Just think it's funny how a pitcher making his MLB debut outpitched a former first round pick who already made 6 MLB starts, got sent down, looked AMAZING, is back with the team -- and is showing no improvement.

I'm just frustrated is all. I really wanted to see Loewen come out and impress and he looked the same as his last 5 starts. All O's players look the same. They never seem to get any better.

Is this for real? He's had six whole MLB starts and you demand instant success? This is an actual complaint?

Loewen also walked twice as many batters as Windsor.

He also left with the lead and kept the Orioles in the game.

Lets give him more than one start back in the bigs when he's not simply trying too hard to impress before you start calling for his head.

Is this for real? He's had six whole MLB starts and you demand instant success? This is an actual complaint?

Yes this is for real. Other teams (like the A's and Windsor) seem to be able to pull a pitcher out of their system and plop him into the rotation with ease.

We try and do it and it looks like we're a high school team asking the back up second baseman to make a spot start. The walks are to be expected in HS ball -- but not at the MLB level -- especially when Loewen has some experience to fall back on.

He also left with the lead and kept the Orioles in the game.

Lets give him more than one start back in the bigs when he's not simply trying too hard to impress before you start calling for his head.

I'm not calling for his head. Just voicing my frustration that we're still at point A with Cabrera and Loewen when they should be showing some improvement by now. Moreso with Cabrera and less with Loewen.

But Adam didn't have trouble throwing strikes in AAA. He clearly has a problem doing it here.

Windsor is also 2 years older and worked his way through the A's system, Loewen is 22 with limited experience above AA. I am not sure Windsor even outpitched him, he had better control but he was more hittable.

But Adam didn't have trouble throwing strikes in AAA. He clearly has a problem doing it here.

Well it's not as if any AAA team has the A's lineup.

His next start will come against the Devil Rays so he should be on target for that one.

Archived