6/5: Red Sox at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did Patterson stop running? I know that he couldn't get to that ball, but at least put some effort into get to it. :cussing:

Because he didn't know where it was going. He's never been good at that. In CF he was not good at it either, but he was fast enough that he could cover up for it, and make dramatic lookiing running catches on flyballs that should have been no big deal. In LF and RF, it's harder than CF because the ball doesn't take a straight path. He was slow getting to it because it was almost on the ground before he knew where to run to...

Proves Management is/was not the only problem.........

I don't think too many people will argue that. While I don't think Trembley used the pen as well as he could, he wasn't going to win with this pitiful roster no matter what he tried.

Time for some roster moves. Bring up anyone and everyone from AA and AAA that is even remotely ready to contribute, and give Jones, The Switch-Hitting Jesus, and Markakis (where'd his power go?!), time at NOR. DFA Atkins, too, and put the rest of the team on notice: perform or you're gone, regardless of your tenure or contract. Something bold and drastic has to be done.

I hope DT is sitting on a beautiful beach in Florida with a beer in hand, having a nice little chuckle to himself as he listens to this mess on the radio.

I'm sure he'll be doing that fairly often before the end of this Orioles season. :rolleyes:

Archived