Are you hometown O's fan or...

jdouble777

Black and Orange took me over becuase...  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Black and Orange took me over becuase...

• I was born around Baltimore
    • I was born in VA/DC area and there was no team
    • I am from elsewhere but I was drawn to this franchise
    • I was born elsewhere but moved to Baltimore area
    • I was born elsewhere but moved to VA/DC are before Nats

:) That is a pretty awesome story, and probably quite unique. Do you think if there had been a team close to your home you might have gone to them or probably not?

We've had professional baseball here in one form or another, but never the bigs so I don't really know. I like going to see the triple A team here, but I don't really care if they win or lose. What's funny is I've been to several Giants games, but each time I make sure to wear some form or O's gear just so nobody makes the mistake of thinking I'm their fan.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born 1953 and raised in around Hagerstown, Williamsport MD. I missed alot of games 1971 -74 as I was in the service .But, returned to the MD area in late 74 as I was stationed at Andrews Air Force Base. In 76 I moved to St. Marys county and made the 2 hour plus trip when I could. I now live in Annapolis and go to the Orioles games as I can .My first live game was in Baltimore in 1964. I was around for the winning times and the losing times. I will always be an Oriole fan.

So I am a Marylander and have rooted for my "Home State Team".

I grew up just south of Richmond, in Chesterfield County. I have distant memories of being an 8 year old watching the 96 playoffs, and I've been a diehard fan ever since. I've never once struggled with who to root for, I'm an Orioles fan for life.

Moved there as a kid actually like 3 times.

I have worked on a 1 job there and a couple in D.C. back in the 1990's.

I have lived in 32 states and had many chances to switch teams but no other team measured up to my Orioles.

I have lived in the Charlotte area since 1985.

Thank god for Directv.

Born(1983) and raised in Baltimore.Been an O's fan my whole life!

Moved to New York in 2001. I get hazed by all my friends that are Yankee fans. Mets fans are much more sypathetic.

I can only imagine the hazing that those #$%)(%# are capable of. :) You loyalty i spite of that is certainly commendable.

Moved there as a kid actually like 3 times.

I have worked on a 1 job there and a couple in D.C. back in the 1990's.

I have lived in 32 states and had many chances to switch teams but no other team measured up to my Orioles.

I have lived in the Charlotte area since 1985.

Thank god for Directv.

Do you use the MLB package or local channel package? I got the MLB package and was able to get most every game EXCEPT the O's, they blocked all local teams. ARGH! lol

I grew up just south of Richmond, in Chesterfield County. I have distant memories of being an 8 year old watching the 96 playoffs, and I've been a diehard fan ever since. I've never once struggle with who to root for, I'm an Orioles fan for life.

Pretty tough to get to a game from out that far, no? Do you think that it would be different if there were a Richmond team when you were growing up? You avatar/icon is a pretty shweet piece of art. I hate realism and landscapes, love abstract of the wall stuff like that. Dali is by far my favorite artist and then Blume.

Born 1953 and raised in around Hagerstown' date=' Williamsport MD. I missed alot of games 1971 -74 as I was in the service .But, returned to the MD area in late 74 as I was stationed at Andrews Air Force Base. In 76 I moved to St. Marys county and made the 2 hour plus trip when I could. I now live in Annapolis and go to the Orioles games as I can .My first live game was in Baltimore in 1964. I was around for the winning times and the losing times. I will always be an Oriole fan.

So I am a Marylander and have rooted for my "Home State Team".[/quote']

Wow, that is one of the most veteran Orioles I have seen so far.

We've had professional baseball here in one form or another, but never the bigs so I don't really know. I like going to see the triple A team here, but I don't really care if they win or lose. What's funny is I've been to several Giants games, but each time I make sure to wear some form or O's gear just so nobody makes the mistake of thinking I'm their fan.

LOL, that is absolutely classic. I never thought about how close their color were.

And their park is eerily reminiscent of OPACY.

Actually I think it's a blatant copy cat.

Yeah, they are two of the few actually ball parks in the league. Most every other team has a stadium/coliseum which is fine for football, but perhaps not ideal for the classic baseball feel.

Archived