Are you hometown O's fan or...

jdouble777

Black and Orange took me over becuase...  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Black and Orange took me over becuase...

• I was born around Baltimore
    • I was born in VA/DC area and there was no team
    • I am from elsewhere but I was drawn to this franchise
    • I was born elsewhere but moved to Baltimore area
    • I was born elsewhere but moved to VA/DC are before Nats

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was born in Vegas first team i played for had to be the orioles and I was number 8 do the math there.

Was it around the time they were good? Do you see many others O's hats/shirts in Vegas? Do you think that if Vegas had a team it might have gone differently? I was looking through Wikipedia at populations and where I thought they might move one of the horrible teams and found Vegas has the highest amount of people without any team close by.

When you said Bel Air I immediately just thought of the old Will Smith show, "Fresh Prince of Bel Air." And I am a horrible comedian. :)

West Villanova born and raised outside shooting bball I spent most of my days... :D

Had fresh on the license plate and dice in the mirror, if I could tell anything this cab was rare, I though oh forget home to Bell Air!

None of the above. I was born and raised in the MD/DC area and had the Senators until I was 10. Baltimore was a natural replacement being they were also from Maryland.

So you were a Senator fan first and then had no team but O's were close by to replace your lost team? Makes sense. You never though about moving back to the DC team? Because of the bad taste left by them leaving or just too entrenched at this point as an O's fan?

Born in Fredericksburg, Va. Love the Redskins/Capitals/Wizards and the O's. Have been going to O's games since I was about 5. Even though there is now a team closer to my hometown, I could not care less. No internal struggle here.

And I have not been in Charlotte for a long time, so it is not like the Nats came around when I was away. I was living in Gaithersburg and Fredericksburg when the Nats played their first few years.

I have loved the O's all my life and that is not going to change any time soon. I am one of those people that roots against the Nationals. I know it is probably irrational, given the other teams that I root for, but that is just the way it is. I caught a lot of flak from Nationals fans, and I just can't help but wonder who they rooted for before the Nats came around.

I just can't give up on my team.

Honestly, if the Nats were around when I was growing up, I would have probably been a Nats fan. But that is not the way it was. So my kids, no matter where I am living (and I guess whenever I have them) are going to be rocking orange and black.

And as for going to Nationals Park and it feeling like home, I have been to two games and did not feel that way at all. First of all, I don't like the stadium that much, and second of all, both times I have been it has been two of my least favorite teams playing (Braves vs. Nats).

Interesting, so your hometown team is what you were no matter what coast that might be. I think a lot of fathers probably played a part in the fan base, could certainly be wrong though.

I think 3 World Series appearances didn't hurt.

Also, Bob Welch, Dave Stewart, Eckersly, Rickey Henderson, McGuire, Canseco, Storm Davis, Lansford, Harold Baines, et. al. Not hard to follow a team like that.

Archived