Pirates sign 6 Dominicans

Oh, man. Giant leeway. Sorry.

Knew it was a possibility -- fortunately, February is a ways away and I am still excited to have a house and to have had some free time this summer to get things in order. But, will definitely not be fun this winter...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knew it was a possibility -- fortunately, February is a ways away and I am still excited to have a house and to have had some free time this summer to get things in order. But, will definitely not be fun this winter...

All that Dairy Law. So much work to do....

As I'm sure you are well aware, Wisconsin doesn't require a prospective attorney pass the BAR provided they graduate from an in-state law school. That being the case, I can't imagine the state exam is terribly difficult. If I pass NY and fail WI, I might as well throw in the legal towel...

Don't forget to cover both criminal and tort implications in any cow tipping fact patterns. And under certain circumstances, cows can also testify, so brush up on your hearsay.

Don't forget to cover both criminal and tort implications in any cow tipping fact patterns. And under certain circumstances, cows can also testify, so brush up on your hearsay.

Okay, now I'm actually starting to get depressed.....

So i can keep up with how inept the o's are, how many real international prospects do the o' s have to have to be producing at an acceptible level? Also if we are not active in the international arena why are we one of the few teams with two teams in dsl?

Like any amateur signing there are risks and rewards with each one. Good scouting in those areas can offset some of that risk. There are always going to be busts, just like there are in the US Amateur draft, but there will also be possible huge rewards. To sit on the sidelines because you are not willing to take the risk means you will never gain the rewards.

Completely agreed. The O's need to sign more international talent, but just because the Pirates sign six guys doesn't mean the sky is falling. Maybe all of these six guys are actually 35 years old and have been so pumped full of PEDs that their arms will shatter the minute they throw their first pitch or swing their first swing. Assuming all six of the guys are studs or the next Manny Ramirez is dumb and you know what they say about making assumptions...

Well, because the Pirates sign 6 the sky is not falling; agreed. However, at the time I first posted that I was feeling frustrated because the O' had signed NO ONE. My initial comment was a snapshot in time.

Since then, they have signed three according to reports. Good for the O's.

I won't get too wrapped up in whether the O's sign one of the top players, but given the value of players from that market overall I wanted to see us at least play there, so to speak. As Tony and others have said before, not playing there and trying to cash in on that region's talent would just be foolish. We have and I am happier.

Like any amateur signing there are risks and rewards with each one. Good scouting in those areas can offset some of that risk. There are always going to be busts, just like there are in the US Amateur draft, but there will also be possible huge rewards. To sit on the sidelines because you are not willing to take the risk means you will never gain the rewards.

Who advocated sitting on the sidelines? Who said they are not willing to take risks in the international market?

Archived