Interesting bits from Callis - "99.9% they sign [Machado]"

The ARod comps are bad. They are pretty unfair, ARod was a Bryce Harper-like talent when drafted, Machado is an elite talent no doubt, but not a generational talent.

As for your question, I am having a hard time understanding it. WHen you say "others" do you mean in this draft or compared to other elite SS draftees?

The question I guess comes done to this what are the odds that he is a ML regular? All star? MVP caliber season or two? He was the top HS talent drAfted but I am trying to get a feel for what that means this year. I figure Boris was the one pimping the Arod comp.

The question I guess comes done to this what are the odds that he is a ML regular? All star? MVP caliber season or two? He was the top HS talent drAfted but I am trying to get a feel for what that means this year. I figure Boris was the one pimping the Arod comp.

I'll say this, he is as good as any SS prospect in the last few drafts. Of course hindsight is 20-20 with Tim Beckham, but knowing what he is now, I'd say he would be the #1 ranked HS SS since atleast the 08 draft.

There were 3 elite talents in this draft. Harper as we know was one, then Taillon whio was said to be a better draft prospect than Beckett, and then Machado who many considered to be pretty equal to Taillon..

Machado has solid patience at the plate, a good arm, good glove with a pretty good chance to stick at SS. Trying to project a HS kid is so difficult, especially with no pro track record to go on, but he looks like he could be a .300 hitter with 20+ HR power which is huge coming from a SS. Of course his ceiling is monsterous, but the real wildcard is his power. No one really knows how much power he will end up having and to a lesser extent, no one really knows exactly how good of a hitter he will be, but that is mainly because we are so far away from his ETA.

Archived