Mets blog: Reyes Available, Orioles Interested

BaltimoreTerp

I tend to feel the same way... I was rooting for Reyes to struggle down the stretch, and the Mets decide not to pick up his option.

I'd love the Orioles to have Reyes, but I have a hard time seeing us putting together a package that I'd like giving up.

If you told me we could do something like Hobgood, Hoes/Avery, Snyder, Johnson/Berken I'd jump all over that.

Considering he would be a FA after the 2011 season, I can't imagine offering more.

If your going to send 5 guys for 1 year of a player why sign Reyes when you can get Gonzalez?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without even reading the (only) 3 pages so far... It's nice to see us in the discussion. But if TB should grab Reyes....... does that mean that we could then get Brignac? Bartlett would be very good. Brignac is like some wet dream. :D
It makes absolutely no sense for Tampa to trade for a 1year 11M SS, when they already have 4 good ones and are cutting back on salary.

Without even reading the (only) 3 pages so far... It's nice to see us in the discussion. But if TB should grab Reyes....... does that mean that we could then get Brignac? Bartlett would be very good. Brignac is like some wet dream. :D

I would think that Brignac might be part of the package to get Reyes. Take some Sleep-Eze...no wet dreams happening here! :D

I would think that Brignac might be part of the package to get Reyes. Take some Sleep-Eze...no wet dreams happening here! :D
I don't get this. I'd rather have Brignac. He's young with a solid upside, under control for years. SS is not a position of need for the Rays. They need a 1B, a DH, an OF bat, and RP's. They have MIF and SP to trade.

I don't get this. I'd rather have Brignac. He's young with a solid upside, under control for years. SS is not a position of need for the Rays. They need a 1B, a DH, an OF bat, and RP's. They have MIF and SP to trade.

Oh, I agree with you. I don't believe that the Rays are looking to add him unless they can get him on the cheap. They can get their money's worth out of him this season, then get the draft picks for him after the season.

It makes absolutely no sense for Tampa to trade for a 1year 11M SS, when they already have 4 good ones and are cutting back on salary.

I have to agree, I wonder why they are even in the discussion. But there ya go... they are.......

You would think. Even still, that would let, at the least, Bartlett be a REAL possibility for us. I'd be happy if we could get him.

Not incredibly interested in Reyes. He'd be GREAT, but WAY too expensive. Players AND salary.

Oh, I agree with you. I don't believe that the Rays are looking to add him unless they can get him on the cheap. They can get their money's worth out of him this season, then get the draft picks for him after the season.

If the Mets are trading him, he won't come cheap. And they would want a SS back. Tampa might be offerring Bartlett plus one of Niemann/Garza/Shields, for Reyes and some of his salary...:scratchchinhmm:

Well, it was 4x1 not 5x1... and the players I mentioned for Reyes would not be the same as the players for Gonzalez.

I think Clapdiddy is probably right that the 4 I mention for Reyes might be too much to give...

I agree ...But I think Gonzalez (1 year left) can be had for a 4 for 1 with Tillman as the header.

Great point. I still have a funny feeling that what we've seen from the Orioles the past few offseasons is about what we'll get this year anyway.
My worst case scenario would be Overbay 1B, Uribe SS, and Hall 3B. Assuming a career ave. year from each, that would be an upgrade of .177 OPS 1B, .85 OPS 3B, and .182 OPS at SS. We have no where to go but up.:eek::laughlol:

Archived