Roch: AM isn't putting on a show for the fans by making offers he secretly hopes are turned down

ChaosLex

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My agent hasn't even contacted me to see if I want to re-up.
Us either. I am shocked.

And yet the IronBirds sent my package out in October, called me in November to make sure I got it, and I re-upped a few weeks ago.

The Orioles do everything wrong, from marketing to scouting to development to the Major League club. I will gladly pay to watch the kids in Aberdeen before I shell out much more for the Orioles.

If that's the case (which I DO agree he is NOT a first baseman) then why make any offer at all? Or, at least do a 2/30 type of deal. Offer more per year to see if he'll bite as a DH. If you are offering 10 million per year when he already rejected 15 million per year, why even bother?

Beat me to it, literally. A team with thirteen straight losing seasons can not play ball this way. Offering the guy a pay cut is no way to start negotiations.

AM isn't putting on a show for the fans by making offers he secretly hopes are turned down

I can think of 2 (4) letter words that start with B & S.

The is another ploy by the team to use their in house media guy to try to justify their poor approach .

Dunn is offensively better than any player the Orioles will add this off season. Any have added in his tenure here.

Don't waste your time offering less money than a guy has already turned down it won't work. It likely makes the agent/player laugh & discard them as a opportunity. If Dunn wanted $40 million he was accepted the extension from the National.

So you get the Oriole Orange Carpet treatment or rugburns? I have called a guy I know in the Sales Dept. twice this week and he still hasn't returned my calls.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't been DISsatisfied. But now out here in Wisconsin, I'm seeing the Brewers are much better at whining and dining their potential plan holders. I'm also told I can expect a WOW offer from the Brew Crew sales team sometime next week, so BAL better step up its game!

I'm sure MacPhail looked at Dunn and saw half a player in that Dunn doesn't play defense. Now obviously the other half is quite proficient - but I would imagine (and this is just me pontificating) that it's difficult for AM to justify giving a DH $56MM over 4 years.

What is even funnier is that the players being signed are not players most of us want. As you say, Dunn is half a player and the O's want a 1B who can hit and...wait for it...actually play 1B. Crazy I know.

Can we just wait until the offseason, or at least the Winter Meetings, is over before we start hanging MacPhail and Buck in effigy?

If that's the case (which I DO agree he is NOT a first baseman) then why make any offer at all? Or, at least do a 2/30 type of deal. Offer more per year to see if he'll bite as a DH. If you are offering 10 million per year when he already rejected 15 million per year, why even bother?

Why not if you're offering a 4th year?

The renewal form is going out next week. Why do they have no Holiday ticket packages this year? I know they drew so well last year.:laughlol:

I normally get that every year as a Christmas present for my wife (just so happens she takes me to Opening Day with her!). I heard last year they were thinking about not doing it anymore. I guess $100 per ticket for the left field bleachers is money the Orioles don't want? :rolleyes:

I swear this organization does things on a daily basis to intentionally piss off the fan base!

What is even funnier is that the players being signed are not players most of us want. As you say, Dunn is half a player and the O's want a 1B who can hit and...wait for it...actually play 1B. Crazy I know.

Can we just wait until the offseason, or at least the Winter Meetings, is over before we start hanging MacPhail and Buck in effigy?

I would have loved to have had Dunn's bat in the lineup, but overreaction is what people around here do best.

Still, this is an important offseason. I am expecting some changes and if they don't happen, I'll also be leaning toward finding another GM.

Archived