Do the O's now have the best ShortStop in the AL East?

SammyBirdland

You must have a much higher expectation of SS than anybody in the world. He has a lifetime .837 OPS, and a .314 BA.

In his prime years he had an .868 OPS, with a 127 OPS+. If that is average, then who is an above average SS, besides Ripken and Wagner?

Wade Phillips went 13-3 with the Cowboys the year after Parcells left.

Parcells didn't win that much in a season with the Cowboys.

Who is the better coach?

You have to look at much more than stats, even though you are as good as your record says you are.

Jeter isn't even the best SS on his own team!

Com'n guys, put the Jeter Kool-Aid down . . . . . . . . . .

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is the better coach?

You have to look at much more than stats, even though you are as good as your record says you are.

I'll give you five bucks to make 491 ASAP.

Who is the better coach?

Are you going to make a real argument, or just give us far reaching cliches?

The O's have arguably gone from having the worst shorstop in the AL East to having the best in the division.

Blue Jays: Yunel Escobar

Red Sox: Marco Scutaro

Yankees: Derek Jeter

Rays: Reid Brignac

Orioles: JJ Hardy

Thoughts?

No, I don't think he's the best. Jeter is the best. When you say "best" you have to consider durability, intangibles and of course, offensive potential and clutch hitting. Of course I despise Jeter, because he's a Yankee. But I respect him and his game immensely. The guy is a legend, and I don't think he's done yet.

Now, if you had asked: Do you think we have the best defensive SS in the division, I would have probably said yes!

Regardless, Hardy's a GREAT, GREAT get by AM. I'm very happy we have him.

Is this the kinda stuff u post when you don't have a reply?

Thanx for proving my point!

You're the one without an actual reply. Didn't you see any of the stats he provided you with? Jeter is one of the best offensive shortstops to ever play the game. If you deny that, I think you're drinking some kool aid of your own. How about you give us something other than blind Yankee hatred?

You're the one without an actual reply. Didn't you see any of the stats he provided you with? Jeter is one of the best offensive shortstops to ever play the game. If you deny that, I think you're drinking some kool aid of your own. How about you give us something other than blind Yankee hatred?

Read the posts - I said from my initial post that you have to look at more than stats.

For you guys who are so blindly into stats, why not do some research and determine how many cheap hits and seeing eye groundballs he has throughout his career.

Read the posts - I said from my initial post that you have to look at more than stats.

For you guys who are so blindly into stats, why not do some research and determine how many cheap hits and seeing eye groundballs he has throughout his career.

How convenient that you have to look at more than stats, when people have shown, through stats, that your position is ludicrous. Why don't you do the research and show us just how lucky he has been. What else should we look at?

Ok, I get it. The Stats that I and others posted are padded due to seeing eye ground balls and cheap hits. The homers and RBIs to. The MVPs and clutch performances that could fill a book over the years.

You win.

Okay, give me something to look at (other than stats).

or are you actually going to try to be a member of this board that garners any respect from anyone?

While I hold no brief for this poster, who most likely is everything you say he is, being a member of this board that garners respect, plus $2.19, will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Do all of you Jeter worshippers wear his jersey to Camden Yards when the Skanks come to town?

Overrated his entire career.

Overpaid now.

Worshipped by O's fans too?

Why?

Becuz you have drunk the Jeter Kool-Aid!

Has anybody denied that he's overrated in this thread? You think 3000 career hits is average at best? I don't care if he did it in NY or Milwaukee or Kansas City. 3000 hits means you had a great career.

I agree he's not the best SS on his own team (at least when Rodriguez first arrived) but that's because the better SS is one of the greatest players of all time.

The O's have arguably gone from having the worst shorstop in the AL East to having the best in the division.

Blue Jays: Yunel Escobar

Red Sox: Marco Scutaro

Yankees: Derek Jeter

Rays: Reid Brignac

Orioles: JJ Hardy

Thoughts?

I'd bet that the Red Sox and Yankees have their numerous scouts+ consolidating significant amounts of information (Re: the Orioles two recent impact players filling very week holes on their 2010 roster).

Archived