Do the O's now have the best ShortStop in the AL East?

SammyBirdland

Do all of you Jeter worshippers wear his jersey to Camden Yards when the Skanks come to town?

Overrated his entire career.

Overpaid now.

Worshipped by O's fans too?

Why?

Becuz you have drunk the Jeter Kool-Aid!

I've never been a fan of Jeter's defense, but offensively, he has a career 119 OPS+. And that ain't average...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do all of you Jeter worshippers wear his jersey to Camden Yards when the Skanks come to town?

Overrated his entire career.

Overpaid now.

Worshipped by O's fans too?

Why?

Becuz you have drunk the Jeter Kool-Aid!

Please re-read the posts in the thread again and quote those you feel have "worshipped" Jeter.

Please re-read the posts in the thread again and quote those you feel have "worshipped" Jeter.

Don't need to re-read any posts.

I got the jist with the first readings.

For O's fans to sing his overrated praises is enuff to make reference to the Jeter worshippers.

His peers have voted him the most overrated player in the game.

He's the King of Cheap Hits.

His gold gloves are a shame.

The stat boys overlook the obvious and it is clearly evident they blindly sip or chug the Jeter Kool-Aid.

I've stated the facts plain and simple.

He has been an overrated, overpaid, over-hyped guy his entire career.

To state anything else is nothing but being drunk on the Jeter Kool-Aid and counts as worship.

Wear your Jeter jerseys with pride when the Skanks come to town!

Why would O's fans be so hell bent on singing his praises?

Next these same Jeter worshippers will be making their case for PA being one of the greatest owners of all time!

1. Pete Rose (4,256)

2. Ty Cobb (4,191)

3. Hank Aaron (3,771)

4. Stan Musial (3,630)

5. Tris Speaker (3,514)

6. Carl Yastrzemski (3,419)

7. Cap Anson (3,418)**

8. Honus Wagner (3,415)

9. Paul Molitor (3,319)

10. Eddie Collins (3,315)

11. Willie Mays (3,283)

12. Eddie Murray (3,255)

13. Napoleon Lajoie (3,242)

14. Cal Ripken, Jr. (3,184)

15. George Brett (3,154)

16. Paul Waner (3,152)

17. Robin Yount (3,142)

18. Tony Gwynn (3,141)

19. Dave Winfield (3,110)

20. Rickey Henderson (3,055)

21. Rod Carew (3,053)

22. Lou Brock (3,023)

23. Rafael Palmeiro (3,020)

24. Wade Boggs (3,010)

25. Al Kaline (3,007)

26. Craig Biggio (3,002)

27. Roberto Clemente

(http://www.suite101.com/content/baseballs-3000-hit-club-a17788)

Derek Jeter has 2926. Undoubtedly some good company there. If you argue that he has a bunch of lucky seeing eye hits, then well he's either damn talented at hitting them or there have not been enough to make a difference.

1. Pete Rose (4,256)

2. Ty Cobb (4,191)

3. Hank Aaron (3,771)

4. Stan Musial (3,630)

5. Tris Speaker (3,514)

6. Carl Yastrzemski (3,419)

7. Cap Anson (3,418)**

8. Honus Wagner (3,415)

9. Paul Molitor (3,319)

10. Eddie Collins (3,315)

11. Willie Mays (3,283)

12. Eddie Murray (3,255)

13. Napoleon Lajoie (3,242)

14. Cal Ripken, Jr. (3,184)

15. George Brett (3,154)

16. Paul Waner (3,152)

17. Robin Yount (3,142)

18. Tony Gwynn (3,141)

19. Dave Winfield (3,110)

20. Rickey Henderson (3,055)

21. Rod Carew (3,053)

22. Lou Brock (3,023)

23. Rafael Palmeiro (3,020)

24. Wade Boggs (3,010)

25. Al Kaline (3,007)

26. Craig Biggio (3,002)

27. Roberto Clemente

(http://www.suite101.com/content/baseballs-3000-hit-club-a17788)

Derek Jeter has 2926. Undoubtedly some good company there. If you argue that he has a bunch of lucky seeing eye hits, then well he's either damn talented at hitting them or there have not been enough to make a difference.

Then you can obviously wear his jersey with pride! :clap3: :2yay-thumb: :boogie:

I don't see one guy on that list that you can honestly say Jeter is equal to as a hitter. No matter the stats.

"Drinking The Kool Aid*

Kool Aid Man

Then you can obviously wear his jersey with pride! :clap3: :2yay-thumb: :boogie:

I don't see one guy on that list that you can honestly say Jeter is equal to as a hitter. No matter the stats.

"Drinking The Kool Aid*

Kool Aid Man

I may to have agree with you there. Maybe Raffy after his debacle.;)

I may to have agree with you there. Maybe Raffy after his debacle.;)

Get ready for the Jeter fans to bash you.

I never knew so many O's fans loved and adored Jeter so much.

Maybe PA should start selling that #2 jersey at the stadium.

Better yet, they could do a giveaway of Jeter jerseys at a home game next season.

Biggio's on the list, but since you are ignoring the stats, you probably haven't noticed the stats.

Jeter vs Biggio

SLG: .452 to .433

OBP: .385 to .363

OPS: .837 to .796

AVE: .315 to .281

Biggio was a good hitter, but Jeter was much better. Technically, you said there was nobody on the list that Jeter was "equal to as a hitter," and since he was superior to Biggio as a hitter, and either better or worse than the rest, as opposed to being exactly equal, you may be correct. :)

On a side note, I'm pretty impressed to discover that Biggio played 1989 games at 2nd, 255 at CF, 109 games in LF (and 2 in RF), and 428 at catcher! Now that's a versatile combination.

Biggio's on the list, but since you are ignoring the stats, you probably haven't noticed the stats.

Jeter vs Biggio

SLG: .452 to .433

OBP: .385 to .363

OPS: .837 to .796

AVE: .315 to .281

Biggio was a good hitter, but Jeter was much better. Technically, you said there was nobody on the list that Jeter was "equal to as a hitter," and since he was superior to Biggio as a hitter, and either better or worse than the rest, as opposed to being exactly equal, you may be correct. :)

On a side note, I'm pretty impressed to discover that Biggio played 1989 games at 2nd, 255 at CF, 109 games in LF (and 2 in RF), and 428 at catcher! Now that's a versatile combination.

Another one.

Jeter fans coming out like roaches at night!:laughlol:

How convenient that you have to look at more than stats, when people have shown, through stats, that your position is ludicrous. Why don't you do the research and show us just how lucky he has been. What else should we look at?

Besides, his intangibles are even more impressive than his raw stats IMO. So that's a pretty poor way to prove your "point" that Jeter sucks, or whatever it is FLA is saying.

Another one.

You tell them, my brotha!!!!!!

We'll take Cesar Izturis with the game on the line over Jeter any day of the week!!!!! Yeah!!!

We know our baseball. These stats geeks are trying to say that 3000 hits and 5 rings actually mean something.

:laughlol::laughlol::laughlol::laughlol::rolleyestf::laughlol::laughlol:

Another one.

I'm no Jeter fan. I'm a realist who finds it eyebrow raising when someone claims all the players with over 3000 hits were better hitters than Jeter, though of course that was probably said sarcastically. (Plus I like to look at stats.) The Jeter of today is a shadow of the Jeter of the past (let's hope it stays that way), and I'm quite happy the Yankees are paying him $17 million/year for the next three years to be their starting shortstop, while our shortstop, at about 1/3 that, may be better, especially defensively.

For O's fans to sing his overrated praises is enuff to make reference to the Jeter worshippers.

The stat boys overlook the obvious and it is clearly evident they blindly sip or chug the Jeter Kool-Aid.

To state anything else is nothing but being drunk on the Jeter Kool-Aid and counts as worship.

Next these same Jeter worshippers will be making their case for PA being one of the greatest owners of all time!

Because they respect the game, and they are intelligent enough to judge a player on his merits and not just his team affiliation? Just guessing.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry if I misunderstand you but I just skimmed this.

How dare you declare that Peter Angelos is one of the greatest owners of all time. You should be ashamed of yourself

Read the posts - I said from my initial post that you have to look at more than stats.

Considering this is the argument that Yankee fans have to use when they try and convince all of us why they think he's the Greatest Ballplayer Ever, your post fails epically right there.

For you guys who are so blindly into stats, why not do some research and determine how many cheap hits and seeing eye groundballs he has throughout his career.

If you've seen that research, could you point us in the right direction? I've never seen anything like that.

Archived