Do the O's now have the best ShortStop in the AL East?

SammyBirdland

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's have arguably gone from having the worst shorstop in the AL East to having the best in the division.

Blue Jays: Yunel Escobar

Red Sox: Marco Scutaro

Yankees: Derek Jeter

Rays: Reid Brignac

Orioles: JJ Hardy

Thoughts?

I think we do, when our guy is healthy. But, he has had a hard time staying on the field. Lets hope the guy can stay healthy.

You can make a convincing case that we are the class of the division at SS, and maybe C now that John Buck and VMart are gone, but that's about it.

We have a decent RFer too. He could be the best in the division in any given year, though it's definitely not a lock.

And in CF we won't get killed. Upton hasn't lived up to the hype and Wells hasn't lived up to the contract.

We have a decent RFer too. He could be the best in the division in any given year, though it's definitely not a lock.

And in CF we won't get killed. Upton hasn't lived up to the hype and Wells hasn't lived up to the contract.

I love Nick, but at least in 2010 he was no comparison to Jose Bautista or even Swisher for that matter. Jones ranks behind Wells (he had a very good 2010) and Granderson hitting, and behind Upton fielding.

The good thing is that we are no longer clearly at the bottom of the barrel at 3B and SS. In fact, sign a decent 1B and I don't think we'd rank at the bottom at any of the 8 fielding positions.

The answer to that question is hardly, not Hardy

Are you just going to continue to troll and give totally unfounded opinions with nothing to back them up or are you actually going to try to be a member of this board that garners any respect from anyone?

To answer the question, if Hardy is healthy and performing at his top level, he is as good or better than any SS in the division. As of right now, I would prefer Escobar. Brignac has the upside but he has to prove he can do it.

I would probably prefer Brignac just because of age and service time but its close.

Hardy is a very good talent.

Archived