Blockbuster brewing???

bigbird

Well, bb did not say the Dodgers, but people are focusing there. I think Tejada for Furcal and LaRoche makes this more palatable for the Dodgers from a salary POV. LA might even through in a Meloan or a lower level prospect.
No way do the Dodgers include Furcal, he's still got a lot of value. It'd be incredibly stupid of us to take him back, as well. They'd use Tejada at 3B.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not understand how we are just looking at the dodgers here, bigbird mentioned cubs and angels.

If it is Anaheim who could and should we be targeting from them.

I am big fan of Wood and would love to get him back, could we get Saunders as well? Who else should we be looking for from them.

You're still making a few assumptions that may or may not be true, so I wouldn't be "very surprised" if they turned that down, but I do think its a fair deal.

I agree, plus I'd be surprised if Nomar approved that trade. They'd be dumb to make the trade, but they may considering their view of LaRoche. Would be a great deal for us.

From the Angels (for Tejada and Hernandez)....

Brandon Wood, Nick Adenhart, Jose Arredondo, and Sean Rodriguez -or- Erik Aybar.

The key question for the future would be where Wood plays, shortstop or thirdbase. That's why Aybar or Rodriguez would be part of the deal, as a shortstop option. I searched the Angels for any bloated veteran contracts that they would want to dump as well, with the potential for more of a return to us, but I couldn't find any (unless you consider Garrett Anderson). Matthews may be someone they'd like to dump but he has a no trade clause (and makes 44 million over the next 4 years). The only other name I saw was Bartolo Colon, but he's a free agent now (he could have been that veteran starter salary dump that's been mentioned if he was still under contract). I just don't see a way to squeeze more out of the deal with salary dumping...maybe with us paying part of the Tejada/Hernandez salaries. Is this too much to ask for?

Brandon Wood, Nick Adenhart, Jose Arredondo, and Sean Rodriguez -or- Erik Aybar.

The key question for the future would be where Wood plays, shortstop or thirdbase. That's why Aybar or Rodriguez would be part of the deal, as a shortstop option. I searched the Angels for any bloated veteran contracts that they would want to dump as well, with the potential for more of a return to us, but I couldn't find any (unless you consider Garrett Anderson). Matthews may be someone they'd like to dump but he has a no trade clause (and makes 44 million over the next 4 years). The only other name I saw was Bartolo Colon, but he's a free agent now (he could have been that veteran starter salary dump that's been mentioned if he was still under contract). I just don't see a way to squeeze more out of the deal with salary dumping...maybe with us paying part of the Tejada/Hernandez salaries. Is this too much to ask for?

In all likelihood...Not getting Adenhart and Wood.

Stupid to acquire someone with a lot of value. That's me.
If we take back Furcal, then we'd be leaving a lot of value on the table in terms of other guys we could have gotten instead. Perhaps we can flip Furcal for that value, but maybe not. the bottom line is Furcal is exactly the type of player we should not be going after: aging, expensive veterans.

In my opinion it is too much. I can not see a package with Wood and Adenhart going unless its Bedard and Miggy.

Juuuuust a bit.

Take out everybody but Wood, and add some cash going to LAA, and you're right there.

Tejada for Wood straight is a reasonable deal.

With Napoli and Mathis already onboard, Hernandez has negative value for LAA.

BTW, if we take the orange glasses off for a moment, is Nomar's value that drastically different than Ramon's? Both had very good years in 2006, bad years in 2007. Nomar is older, but considering position, I wouldn't give Ramon an edge there. Nomar has one year left. Ramon has 2 with similiar annual salaries. Nomar also had an .814 OPS after the break, although in limited ab's.

Yes, i would say Ramon has more value, mostly due to the position he plays, but if Ramon is worth a Heilman or even a Millidge as some suggest, I don't think Nomar has a big negative value.

Archived