Blockbuster brewing???

bigbird

I know how park and league effects work. You certainly have to adjust numbers from those parks and leagues accordingly, but you can't dismiss every player with good numbers in those leagues as being solely a byproduct of the environment.

Not saying you don't. Just saying that you have to look at how each prospect did before, and that a quick look at several stats there won't tell you as much as the stats might in another league.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me look at the Angels, also what they could/would give up.

Staying with defense and getting younger and filling holes. Is this possible:

Tejeda and Hernandez for Santana/Shields/Mathis/Willits/Sean Rodriquez

and K Morales...No big bat, however in one trade fill most of the holes.

In a word, no.

Way too much. Hernandez has very little value. He could probably get back one decent prospect. So basically you're doing a 5-for-Tejada.

OK, to get away from debating about Iowa and the PCL for a moment:

bb said he has heard Tejada/Ramon mentioned, he said he thought in the same deal. He also mentioned the Angels/Cubs as possibilities.

Now, we know bb's info comes from his inside guy, and maybe the info is right, just not the same team thing, cuz it really just doesn't make sense to send them to the same place.

What if we sent Ramon to the Cubs, and Miggy to the Angels. Two seperate deals. What sort of return are we looking at?

I don't like Miggy or Hernandez to the Angels. I'm just not that enthralled with anyone from their system. I think Hernandez to the Cubs and Miggy to the Dodgers works better.

Might be able to get Quertz (sp?) for Hernandez from Chicago.

Let me look at the Angels, also what they could/would give up.

Staying with defense and getting younger and filling holes. Is this possible:

Tejeda and Hernandez for Santana/Shields/Mathis/Willits/Sean Rodriquez

and K Morales...No big bat, however in one trade fill most of the holes.

No chance that happens.

If you want to send them together, maybe you could get something like:

Santana, Rodriguez, Morales.

Even that is probably too much.

Explain this to me then.

Iowa's team OPS:

2005: .752 (16th of 16)

2006: .732 (11th of 16)

2007: .811 (3rd of 16)

Iowa's park hasn't changed.

What's changed is the hitters on the team were much better this year.

Maybe the hitters were awful before. I really don't know that much about the Cubs, but I really can't recall any young hitters coming through the Cubs minor league system and having an impact in the majors. Maybe Murton, or Pie, but still too early for them. edit: so I checked on Murton and Pie. Murton played in Iowa in 2005 when he was 23, and had a .921 OPS. He spent 2006 in the majors, and then returned to Iowa for the 2007 season at 25. Pie played in Iowa in 2006 when he was 21. He had a .792 OPS. In 2007, he repeated there and had a .973 OPS.

Anyway, go after the Dodgers, not the Cubs. See if you could get any of the following: Billingsley, Kershaw(who I love and have been promoting for a year), Laroche, Hu. Obviously you need more than one of these guys. I know Billingsley didn't start the year in the rotation, but ended the year in it.

Anyway, go after the Dodgers, not the Cubs. See if you could get any of the following: Billingsley, Kershaw(who I love and have been promoting for a year), Laroche, Hu. Obviously you need more than one of these guys. I know Billingsley didn't start the year in the rotation, but ended the year in it.
I don't think you can get Billingsley or Kershaw without moving Bedard.

They have no need for Hernandez, but could be interested in Tejada. I could see LaRoche and Hu if we also send them Walker and eat salary. LaRoche or Hu and a lesser prospect for Tejada would probably be more realistic.

No chance that happens.

If you want to send them together, maybe you could get something like:

Santana, Rodriguez, Morales.

Even that is probably too much.

The deal he said really isn't that exciting and not as much as you think it is IMO.

I don't trade Tejada to the Angels unless Wood comes back in the deal.

We should be focusing on other teams.

A few weeks ago, you thought we could get Milledge for him...Now you are saying he has little value? :confused:
I've never thought we could get Milledge, other people have said that and I said that would be incredible. I've started other scenarios on the "what if" of us getting Milledge for Hernandez, but I've never thought it was likely or realistic. I think something like Heilman is likely for Hernandez. Maybe a bit more if we toss in some cash.

I've never thought we could get Milledge, other people have said that and I said that would be incredible. I've started other scenarios on the "what if" of us getting Milledge for Hernandez, but I've never thought it was likely or realistic. I think something like Heilman is likely for Hernandez. Maybe a bit more if we toss in some cash.

Heilman doesn't equal "little value" IMO.

LaRoche, Hu and Nomar for Tejada. I would be very surprised if the Dodgers turned that down.
You're still making a few assumptions that may or may not be true, so I wouldn't be "very surprised" if they turned that down, but I do think its a fair deal.

Heilman doesn't equal "little value" IMO.
Ok, semantics. I certainly don't think Ramon is bringing back a premium player. He could probably get you a decent reliever or a team 10-15 prospect. He's not bringing back anyone in a team's top 5 or a starting pitcher.

I would definitely do Hernandez/Heilman and try to convert him to a starter though.

Archived