Blockbuster brewing???

bigbird

You're still making a few assumptions that may or may not be true, so I wouldn't be "very surprised" if they turned that down, but I do think its a fair deal.

The only thing i am assuming is that the info about the Dodgers being down on LaRoche is true.

Of course, that would be contigent on the Dodgers wanting Miggy to play third and him wanting to play there...Guess that is the real assumption but that is going to be the obvious part to any trade where Miggy has to go to third.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd jump all over that. However, Nomar has no trade protection, and he could nix the deal by not wanting to leave.

Yea but i doubt he would...If so, you could always pick up some salary if you need to.

Hell, you may not even need to pick up any salary...Just willing to do it to make that deal happen.

I actually looked at Hu's stats, can someone explain why he is so highly regarded. His OBP is in the .330-.350 range, and has never hit 10 hrs. Slugging has been in the low .400s until recently, when it was in the low .500s. Not a stolen base threat either. Not that exciting to me. I have to be missing something.

I actually looked at Hu's stats, can someone explain why he is so highly regarded. His OBP is in the .330-.350 range, and has never hit 10 hrs. Slugging has been in the low .400s until recently, when it was in the low .500s. Not a stolen base threat either. Not that exciting to me. I have to be missing something.

Well, you do have to question him. He wasn't much until this year and he was in the PCL.

However, many scouts have talked about how much better he was this year...That he took a major leap foward.

He is also a plus plus defender.

First thought: If it is both Tejada and Ramon in the same trade, this definitely has to be a 3 team deal, right? A lot of posters here are talking about prospects exclusively from one team.

Second thought: Long-term, Ramon has little value to the O's. Short-term, he has a TON of value around baseball, simply because he is not owed a ridiculous amount of money, and catching is in short supply (unless you want to dig through the bargain bins with barrett and lo duca). To me, wouldn't Hernandez's value be greatest to a team in desparate need of catching (like the Mets)?

I could see the Dodgers going for LaRoche and Nomar for Tejada. They're paying with a young guy with lots of potential to upgrade from one post-prime star to another one that's a few years younger and has more gas in the tank. Tejada '08 is probably going to look like Garciaparra '04.

Putting Hu in there too seems like a real tough sell though.

I would love for Miggy and Ramon to be traded

A Dodgers trade makes the most for us and LA. LaRoche is the guy I go after here. Also try to get Furcal back.

From the earlier post in the thread, you guys didnt like the Cubs and Angels. I agree, they arent the best trade partners, but if we needed to fall back on them you have to do it. Santana still has potential along with Aybar. We might as well expirament with them since we are going nowhere next year anyway. Same with Pie, we might as well take a chance.

Tejada's value is obviously falling, so a trade is now or never. I am willing to take the risk on high potential guys to get rid of Miggy.

I could see the Dodgers going for LaRoche and Nomar for Tejada. They're paying with a young guy with lots of potential to upgrade from one post-prime star to another one that's a few years younger and has more gas in the tank. Tejada '08 is probably going to look like Garciaparra '04.

Just LaRoche alone (not really looking at Nomar as anything of positve value) doesn't seem like enough for Tejada to me. LaRoche and Hu could be too much, so maybe LaRoche and a slightly lesser regarded guy would do the trick.

How about Soto, Pie, Marshall and Cedeno for Miggy and Hernandez?

Soto at full time catcher next year and most time first baseman the following year------great power potential and great roster flexibility.

I think Bedard is necessary to get a roster changing haul from the Dodgers.

I'm not sure why Nomar is entering these talks, nor do I really care. LaRoche is nice, but I want at least two ML ready prospects back. Hu, as pointed out before has made some strides, but I'd like to see what we could get from the Dodgers aside from him.

So it'd be LaRoche, Nomar and another prospect. And if I'm the O's I'm pointing out to them that Nomar has played in 122, 121 and 86 games in each of the past three seasons. Simply put, he's an injury waiting to happen and that's just not good enough.

How about Soto, Pie, Marshall and Cedeno for Miggy and Hernandez?

Soto at full time catcher next year and most time first baseman the following year------great power potential and great roster flexibility.

I think Bedard is necessary to get a roster changing haul from the Dodgers.

I think you'd only get 3 of those guys if the Cubs even had any interest in Hernandez, which I think is unlikely.

2 of Pie, Marshall, and Cedeno is reasonable for Tejada though. Maybe we could get a third, lesser player added in.

Archived