Actions Speak Louder than Words

SilentJames

It was up, I have read it.

The formatting was screwy, had to copy and paste it into word to read it properly.

Sure it will be back up shortly. Great job by Tony. Well researched and an interesting missive of the last 13 years. Andy gave interesting answers that were a little less guarded than I was expecting.

The problems are what the problems are, and Tony is right at the end of the day actions speak louder than words.

Basically summarizes the last decade plus of futility and Angelos' meddling. The MacPhail interview is a good one. Company line stuff from AM, but less "Liney" than I thought. I am sure it will be back up soon. Let's keep discussion to this thread.

update::

back up - http://www.orioleshangout.com/ttakeArticle.asp?ID=2696&page=ttake

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read it. Nothing earth shattering. I thought it was well done and perfectly summarizes the events that have led to the futility. The piece with AM was interesting but clearly AM decided to get ahead of this article with both an interview with the Sun and appearances on 105.7. A lot of what he said in those interviews were reiterated in Tony's piece. Maybe he was worried about Tony's context. Either way it speaks to the O's perception of the "power" of the Hangout.

Honestly, it hasn't changed my opinion either way. I still can't stand Angelos and I still give AM til next season to make progress on the ML level.

Good Job Tony and thank you!!!

If you use Firefox, try the extension called Readability. I used it to read the article and it worked perfectly (rather than copying and pasting into Word), except that it didn't separate the headings, but that wasn't a big deal to me.

I just finished it but now it seems to be gone from the front page? Maybe they're fixing the formatting.

Put this on the other Thread.. but will post here too..

Just read it. Nothing earth shattering. I thought it was well done and perfectly summarizes the events that have led to the futility. The piece with AM was interesting but clearly AM decided to get ahead of this article with both an interview with the Sun and appearances on 105.7. A lot of what he said in those interviews were reiterated in Tony's piece. Maybe he was worried about Tony's context. Either way it speaks to the O's perception of the "power" of the Hangout.

Honestly, it hasn't changed my opinion either way. I still can't stand Angelos and I still give AM til next season to make progress on the ML level.

Good Job Tony and thank you!!!

2 questions while I wait for it to come back up...

Was it really the equivalent of 36 pages double spaced?

On a scale of 1-10, did it live up to the hype created over the past couple of weeks?

Yep, it's 35 pages in Word double spaced in TNR 12 pt.

There's nothing in it that should surprise anyone who has followed this organization or this site for any length of time.

And I don't intend that as a criticism of the piece. As a document anthologizing where the Orioles are at this point in time and how they got to be there, it's quite instructive. But anyone looking for shocking revelations to validate their own conspiracy theories is bound to come away disappointed.

0 (zero).....

Yeah, honestly....it seemed more like a summary of what we already know. Perhaps there are some people on the hangout that aren't as in tune as some of us, but nothing earth shattering.

For example, the comments about Stockstill helping to get some of Angelos's friends out of legal trouble in the Domincian as a reason for him still being involved were interesting. The guy has produced Armando and Daniel CaBBrera since 94...why is he still around?

2 questions while I wait for it to come back up...

Was it really the equivalent of 36 pages double spaced?

On a scale of 1-10, did it live up to the hype created over the past couple of weeks?

With all the hype over the past few weeks (mostly becuase AM made Tony wait until he could do some damage control before he met with him) anything short of saying that PA has been dead for 2 years without anyone knowing, or that AM is thinking about making himself a starting pitcher would have not met all the hype.

Archived