Bowden: Orioles closing in on "humbling" deal for Guerrero

Crazysilver03

Well I think every American citizen should probably care wether or not our President was actually born in the U.S. or not. I haven't heard anything definite either way on the subject so I really can't say.

Not to get into a political debate but people to to really think for themselves logically instead of listening to talking heads on news stations trying to boost ratings and sell their products.

There was a Hawaiian paper 40 years ago that announced the birth of Obama. Was this some elaborate ploy that his parents thought of 40 years ago to plant that story in the newspaper knowing he would grow up to be an intelligent person who went to Ivy league school and would eventually become President and thus thats why they needed to plant he was born in the US so he could be eligible to run for President of the United States.

Really just think about that.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bowden tweeted this morning that he will be talking about the latest on Vlad on Hot Stove at 1pm today on SiriusXM.

If someone that has Sirius or XM could fill us in later, that would be cool.

In journalism, where being first is about as important as being right, you can be almost sure that what Bowden has to say at 1 pm will be nothing new.

Guest rbrhett
Not to get into a political debate but people to to really think for themselves logically instead of listening to talking heads on news stations trying to boost ratings and sell their products.

There was a Hawaiian paper 40 years ago that announced the birth of Obama. Was this some elaborate ploy that his parents thought of 40 years ago to plant that story in the newspaper knowing he would grow up to be an intelligent person who went to Ivy league school and would eventually become President and thus thats why they needed to plant he was born in the US so he could be eligible to run for President of the United States.

Really just think about that.

Not to get political, but think about this and this. Oh, and the fact that the current Gov. of Hawaii has said he "knows" Obama was born in Hawaii but can't prove it with documentation.

Luke Scott is my favorite Oriole of all time.

Well this thread was fun while it lasted...

Getting this back on track I hope:

Bowden's source is close to Vlad, not the O's FO. Perhaps the parameters of an offer were floated out there and Vlad is now close to coming back to the table and striking a deal seeing as he has few options left.

The FO has no idea what Vlad is thinking, so of course they deny it as he hasn't spoken to them.

Bowden's source is close to Vlad, not the O's FO. Perhaps the parameters of an offer were floated out there and Vlad is now close to coming back to the table and striking a deal seeing as he has few options left.

The FO has no idea what Vlad is thinking, so of course they deny it as he hasn't spoken to them.

Or perhaps Vlad is waiting on to see what the Angels and Rangers do first.

Or perhaps Vlad is waiting on to see what the Angels and Rangers do first.

The Rangers have said they don't want him back unless he's willing to accept a part time role.

As for the Angels, my guess is he'd have to accept a part time role with them as well as they are going to have Abreu DH.

The Orioles really are the best fit for Vlad that's left.

I'm not really sure we can be so cavalier as to think that Vlad doesn't have a lot of options left. Yes, he's probably limited to AL teams as he's nothing but a DH at this point in his career but how many of us saw the Rays picking up Manny and Damon? If his price is as really low as we've been guessing, he's a prime candidate for a team to swoop in and make room for him on their roster. A team starved for runs like the Mariners could be a prime candidate to steal him out from under us, assuming they're not bringing back Branyan.

The Rangers have said they don't want him back unless he's willing to accept a part time role.

As for the Angels, my guess is he'd have to accept a part time role with them as well as they are going to have Abreu DH.

The Orioles really are the best fit for Vlad that's left.

Soooooo?

Whats the hold up? Why not call the O's back for two weeks, If the O's are the best fit?

Soooooo?

Whats the hold up? Why not call the O's back for two weeks, If the O's are the best fit?

The Angels were still an option as were the Rays.

Both have moved on to other options. He gambled and lost.

Now Vlad has to decide where is the best place left for him to play?

Part time with the Rangers or another team, or full time with the Orioles?

Now the Orioles will likely have to come up some on their end however to get it done.

Not to get political, but think about this and this. Oh, and the fact that the current Gov. of Hawaii has said he "knows" Obama was born in Hawaii but can't prove it with documentation.

Luke Scott is my favorite Oriole of all time.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/birth_certificate_5.jpg

Anyway, I just don't see this happening if there's been no communication for 2 weeks. Of course, it could be posturing. I kind of hope not, though.

Archived