Bowden: Orioles closing in on "humbling" deal for Guerrero

Crazysilver03

I say the Vlad signing is about 75 % going to happen. One other team in on him. the Angels. I think Scott might go because of some things. Also Angelos being a very big Democrat. I think Pie or Scott and Harris might be packaged for a pitcher. Who knows because things change.

Interesting....I would like to see them deal Scott but it has to be a smart trade.

Not sure I like the idea of trading him for some vet pitcher(which is what i assume AM is looking for) but it does depend on that pitcher.

What former or current Cub is available in trade?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Play Abreu in LF using Bourjos as a late inning replacement/4th OF, and you've upgraded your offense with Vlad at DH. If he comes cheap enough it gives them flexibility.

Wells (32), Abreu (36), and Hunter (35) would be one of the worst defensive outfields in baseball. I don't think Vlad's offense could make up more than that difference.

Interesting....I would like to see them deal Scott but it has to be a smart trade.

Not sure I like the idea of trading him for some vet pitcher(which is what i assume AM is looking for) but it does depend on that pitcher.

I don't think any current Cubs are available after trading for Garza and trading away Gorzo.

Ugh, the only one I can think of is Zambrano. If that happened I would be sick and I could only imagine how D. Lee would feel about being his teammate again!

Wells (32), Abreu (36), and Hunter (35) would be one of the worst defensive outfields in baseball. I don't think Vlad's offense could make up more than that difference.
If Vlad comes cheap enough it give them another option. Abreu can split time at DH wth Vlad and Bourjos can play CF with Wells moving to LF on occasion. I think it just depends on the cost. Right now their 4th OF is Willits. Wells is not a great CF but he was slightly better than Adam Jones last year, Hunter was a good deal better than Markakis, and Abreu is much better in LF than in RF.

MacPhail, really? You're going out of your way to "humble" a great player coming off a great season? Does the guy know anything about clubhouse chemistry? This is pathetic. The Orioles would rather put a few million in Peter Angelos's pocket than treat their free agent acquisitions with respect. We're going to have to put some SERIOUS work into rebuilding our relationships with player agents after this. A dumb, lazy move IMO...
This is ridiculous.

MacPhail stated he wouldn't sign Vlad unless it was on the cheap. He didn't go out of his way to make him cheap. Vlad helped himself to make it cheap. And if Vlad is really that upset about a cheap deal, then he doesn't have to sign with the Orioles.

God damn it guys I was kidding. Why does this always happen to me?

At least my assortment of positive and negative rep lets me know who has a decent sense of humor around here :P

The Rays are in a holding pattern, and they know it. Read the thread on the Rays' 2011 draft. Manny and Damon allow them to plug a couple of holes cheaply while preserving some money for ta big investment in the draft this summer.

I think they've done better than "plug holes", but I guess we'll see in the standings. I continue to believe this board is generally underrated the Rays -- both in 2011 and beyond.

God damn it guys I was kidding. Why does this always happen to me?

At least my assortment of positive and negative rep lets me know who has a decent sense of humor around here :P

Yiu just need to use one of these :laughlol::rofl::smile11::rolleyestf::rolleyes: to avoid confusion.:P

I think they've done better than "plug holes", but I guess we'll see in the standings. I continue to believe this board is generally underrated the Rays -- both in 2011 and beyond.

No one has underrated them, they are just question marks. Will they be able to adequately fill all the holes they developed this offseason? Will their upper ML talent step up in the coming years?

These are all question marks. Now sure, the Rays' farm system is highly regarded and for good reason but they are still question marks until they get on the field.

I hate those. It's so lame. Should I follow up every sarcastic comment I make in real life with a pie to the face and a laugh track? :angryfire:

Most people are reluctant to respond to humor because they don't trust themselves to know if it was intentional or not. Show biz comics use what they call snappers, to signal that it's OK to laugh.Things like Groucho's cigar or Rodney Dangerfields tie. Emoticons are just the virtual version of these. You'd be in good company if you use them.:laughlol:

No one has underrated them, they are just question marks. Will they be able to adequately fill all the holes they developed this offseason? Will their upper ML talent step up in the coming years?

These are all question marks. Now sure, the Rays' farm system is highly regarded and for good reason but they are still question marks until they get on the field.

You clearly haven't been paying attention.

BTW, they have less question marks going forward than the O's.

Archived