Bowden: Orioles closing in on "humbling" deal for Guerrero

Crazysilver03

Vladimir Guerrero could be one of the best FA bargains for one-year deal of off-season....getting close to accepting humbling deal w O's

http://api.twitter.com/JimBowdenXMFOX/status/28670852690092033

Posting this here as the info was getting buried in the other thread.

This makes a lot of sense because of how cheap he will come. I will be surprised if the deal is over $2M if it happens, with seemingly no other options out there for Guerrero.

While he isn't a long term option, I don't think it is the worst thing to send Reimold back to Norfolk (or Tatum while keeping both Pie/Reimold on the bench).

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have always loved Vlad's bat but I feel this creates an unnecessary logjam on a team that isn't competing for the playoffs this year. Unless this is a move to spin him at the trade deadline, I don't see the reasoning for signing him.

It is a high reward signing.

Worst case, Reimold goes to Norfolk for a few weeks/months until someone gets injured. Reimold could also stay on the bench with Tatum being sent down. That would, you would have speed (Izturis and Pie) and power (Reimold and Fox) on the bench.

MacPhail, really? You're going out of your way to "humble" a great player coming off a great season? Does the guy know anything about clubhouse chemistry? This is pathetic. The Orioles would rather put a few million in Peter Angelos's pocket than treat their free agent acquisitions with respect. We're going to have to put some SERIOUS work into rebuilding our relationships with player agents after this. A dumb, lazy move IMO...

MacPhail, really? You're going out of your way to "humble" a great player coming off a great season? Does the guy know anything about clubhouse chemistry? This is pathetic. The Orioles would rather put a few million in Peter Angelos's pocket than treat their free agent acquisitions with respect. We're going to have to put some SERIOUS work into rebuilding our relationships with player agents after this. A dumb, lazy move IMO...

Is this satire? Please let this be satire.

Archived