Bowden: Orioles closing in on "humbling" deal for Guerrero

Crazysilver03

Im all for it. Let Reimold figure stuff out at AAA this yr, andmake the choice of Luke or Pie in LF. Whoever you dont start, trade in a package for a SP. I would like Luke in LF, but with the added power this year in the lineup, losing Luke's bat would not be the worst thing in the world.

What SP could we realistically get for a package of Luke/Bell/Tillman? I feel like thats a good potential package to get a middle of the rotation guy.

Maybe Tillman/Luke/Bell for Jair Jurrgens/O'Flaherty? The Braves have a ton of SP depth and also a ton of Lefty Relievers. They just signed Sherrill.they have O'Flaherty, Venters, Ortegano and Hyde.

If we can get a SP and out lefty reliever, Im all for it. Thoughts???

Not trying to slam you, but this is what I don't get about the OH. Someone makes a thread about Jurrgens for Scott and all of a sudden it's being talked about like its a legit option. Are the Braves even looking to deal him?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to slam you, but this is what I don't get about the OH. Someone makes a thread about Jurrgens for Scott and all of a sudden it's being talked about like its a legit option. Are the Braves even looking to deal him?

I never agreed that Scott for Jurrgens was a option. If you looked, I also had Bell and Tillman in the trade idea, because I knew Jurrgens for Scott strait up was not happening. I dont know if they are looking to move him, but according to MLBtraderumors the Braves are looking to maybe move a SP because they have alot of depth there.

Do people really think that Vlad is putting something out there to an out of work, terrible GM so that he can tweet he is going somewhere else than where he really wants to go?

I think some of you drum of these fantasies of how these things work sometimes.

It's hard to untangle your fractured syntax as usual, but what other reason do you think Vlad has for leaking to Bowden that he is close to signing with the O's?

It's hard to untangle your fractured syntax as usual, but what other reason do you think Vlad has for leaking to Bowden that he is close to signing with the O's?

Who the hell knows...Maybe he thinks he was? Or maybe Bowden's source was wrong?

But putting this info out there to scare another team? LOL...That's just ridiculous.

Who the hell knows...Maybe he thinks he was? Or maybe Bowden's source was wrong?

But putting this info out there to scare another team? LOL...That's just ridiculous.

Your post is ridiculous. Agents do this sort of thing all the time. He is simply letting the LAA or Texas think that he will sign with the O's if they don't make a better offer.

Yeah a guy like Tex could play sides through the media, but Guerrero has two or three suitors who want him at their price. Guerrero is not the one with any real leverage here.

Your post is ridiculous. Agents do this sort of thing all the time. He is simply letting the LAA or Texas think that he will sign with the O's if they don't make a better offer.

It seemed to have worked out for Victor Martinez. Using the Os offer to find a better one from a contender. It does happen

LOL...Yea, he really has them fooled.

You have AM denying everything...Everything local reporter denying everything and you have heyman saying they haven't talked in at least 2 weeks.

I am sure the Rangers and Angels are sitting around shaking in their boots because Bowden said this. :rofl::rofl:

It seemed to have worked out for Victor Martinez. Using the Os offer to find a better one from a contender. It does happen

For that to happen, the offer has to actually exist.

And there is nothing that said the Tigers moved up their offer based off of a report in the newspaper or twitter.

Teams will use real offers to play one team off of another...Thinking that a worthless tweet is going to make a team get scared is hilarious.

Yeah a guy like Tex could play sides through the media, but Guerrero has two or three suitors who want him at their price. Guerrero is not the one with any real leverage here.

Yea, its possble for certain things, this tactic may work.

For this? Its unreal that people actually believe it and even if that is what Vlad is trying to accomplish, i don't want him on the team because he is a moron and that will end up hurting us on the field.

I find it intersting that people are discounting this rumor because the O's said they have not talked to Vlad's camp in atleast 2 weeks.

The fact that we were still in negotiations with him only 2 weeks ago means to me that this is a very active negotiation.

I say it happens Thursday after his physical.

Archived