Bowden: Orioles closing in on "humbling" deal for Guerrero

Crazysilver03

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not want Vlad. I understand he had a good year last year, but a lot of that is due to playing in Texas.

He was TERRIBLE after the All-Star break last year, with a .748 OPS. His away stats were subpar for a DH, with a .797 OPS.

Is Scott going to play LF now? It's a decent idea to an extent if they DH Vlad and play Scott in LF, but really, I don't see any improvement here. Pie is far superior defensively than Scott. At the end of the day, it's a wash, and Vlad is just a stop gap.

Oh, I guess I missed something. Did he get traded away from Texas at the All-Star break? He did great there the first half because he was in Texas, but not so great in the second half... are you saying he would have really been horrible if he'd played elsewhere?

I say the Vlad signing is about 75 % going to happen. One other team in on him. the Angels. I think Scott might go because of some things. Also Angelos being a very big Democrat. I think Pie or Scott and Harris might be packaged for a pitcher. Who knows because things change.

Did you actually hear from someone that Scott is being shopped because of his political views or is this just speculation? Sounds implausible to me, but I suppose if any owner was this stupid and small-minded it would be Angelos.

It would be different if Scott's views made him a clubhouse liability--apparently Eric Show had a hard time getting along with other players when he played with the Padres in the 1980s in part because he was a John Bircher--but I don't get the sense that Scott is disliked in the clubhouse, not at all.

For the life of me, I don't see why this team should hold off on a chance to get a great hitter and have one of the best lineups around just because of concern over the effects on Reimold and Pie.It's not like we're holding back two great players.Reimold will probably never return to 2009 levels; Pie slipped some last year. He should be traded if they can get value for him.

Gotta love this board, nobody seemed to want anything to do with Damon, and if he was mentioned, he was quickly dismissed as being a bad option. Suddenly, the Rays sign Damon and all of a sudden he's a bargain of a move. The Orioles Hangout at its finest.

Damon is an absolute JOKE for us because some folks might actually consider playing him in the field. Which is the worst decision that could be made since Pickett's Charge...

Vlad at least offers something to our offense. Unlike Unfrozen Caveman Centerfielder...

Did you actually hear from someone that Scott is being shopped because of his political views or is this just speculation? Sounds implausible to me, but I suppose if any owner was this stupid and small-minded it would be Angelos.

It would be different if Scott's views made him a clubhouse liability--apparently Eric Show had a hard time getting along with other players when he played with the Padres in the 1980s in part because he was a John Bircher--but I don't get the sense that Scott is disliked in the clubhouse, not at all.

Not for nothing but Baltimore is about 65% black, and Luke Scott's comments did not go over very well at all in the black community from what I can tell by just talking to people. It was pretty clear that Adam Jones didn't even like what Scott said.

I don't think he should be traded for what he said nor do I think he will be traded, but it is something to think about. The idea that they may want to trade him now can't be dismissed out of hand.

For the life of me, I don't see why this team should hold off on a chance to get a great hitter and have one of the best lineups around just because of concern over the effects on Reimold and Pie.It's not like we're holding back two great players.Reimold will probably never return to 2009 levels; Pie slipped some last year. He should be traded if they can get value for him.

For the life of me I can't see the idea of getting value in return for a guy who you're convinced won't ever amount to anything. You're basically saying "we need to get MacPhail to rip someone off here, since Pie won't amount to anything."

Archived