O's sign duchscherer

Guest Hayden2004

Guest Hayden2004

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

Justin Duchscherer agrees to 1-year big league deal with #Orioles, pending physical. He could make up to $4.5M in salary & incentives

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

Justin Duchscherer agrees to 1-year big league deal with #Orioles, pending physical. He could make up to $4.5M in salary & incentives

Apparently part of his motivation is a son that lives in southern Jersey. If that doesn't change and he has a decent year, sounds like a guy we could resign as well. Good pickup for what's left in the market.

Very cool.

Wonder if this puts a cabosh on Vlad.

Thats my only worry. If we pass up on Vlad because of budget issues, then Duch gets hurt that would totally suck. Other than that, great signing. IF healthy he is an extremely effective pitcher...

I guess the only way Tillman makes the team is long relief?

Out of spring training, yes. But people get hurt. Thats why depth is important. Now, we will have Tillman and Britton waiting in Norfolk in case anyone gets hurt and/or struggles. Thats a very good thing.

I'm ecstatic about this! If he pitches, he will pitch admirably IMO. Bergesen and Arrieta are not surefire guys, and along with injuries, we are not guaranteed to have a logjam of options for the rotation. This off-season couldn't be going any better.

Guest Hayden2004

danconnollysun Dan Connolly

#Orioles and Duchscherer have agreed to a 1-year deal worth $700K grnteed at signing; will go up to $1.1M when he makes the roster and

danconnollysun Dan Connolly

Duchscherer can make $4.5M total on deal if he makes 30 starts in 2011. He also has standard awards bonuses that inc $100K for comeback plyr

Out of spring training, yes. But people get hurt. Thats why depth is important. Now, we will have Tillman and Britton waiting in Norfolk in case anyone gets hurt and/or struggles. Thats a very good thing.

I never said it was a bad thing. Out of spring training was implied. :)

Archived