Brian Roberts Stiffness in Neck

mdevito

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw that this morning. I guess I should read the article rather than just the headline, but with BRob I am scared. To me, he is the one guy who cannot be replaced.

I couldn't agree more. I mean, it's a little better this year with Hardy as a viable second base option, but the Orioles don't have another prototypical leadoff guy available right now.

I'm not a big fan of Roberts' reaction and answers on his condition. As if we shouldn't be concerned. How can we not?

Its very easy to not be concerned about a stiff neck. I mean what else is he going to say? "I am really scared that my neck was stiff and am very concerned that my playing future is in jeopardy."?

Its very easy to not be concerned about a stiff neck. I mean what else is he going to say? "I am really scared that my neck was stiff and am very concerned that my playing future is in jeopardy."?

No but its always something with him. Obviously its important and something to keep an eye on since the media is highlighting it. I'm just sayin... can we expect him to play a full season this year?

I'm not a big fan of Roberts' reaction and answers on his condition. As if we shouldn't be concerned. How can we not?

Agreed, as Tony mentioned in another thread I thought his back issues of last spring weren't a big deal and how did that turn out?

No but its always something with him. Obviously its important and something to keep an eye on since the media is highlighting it. I'm just sayin... can we expect him to play a full season this year?

Honestly I think yeah we can. Since becoming a starter he has only had three seasons (including last year) where he played fewer than 145 games, and one of those was 143.

He has had two major injury seasons - the day his arm almost got ripped off (fluke), and a herniated disk.

The report was a stiff neck, I genuinely don't freak out about medical things until doctors give me something to worry about.

Archived