NEW YORK/ CONNECTICUT/ NEW JERSEY Oriole Fans

OFFNY

Sorry, didn't say that earlier. 6/18 is when I am coming. Me and the friend I am coming with have kind of a habit/superstition to stay for the next game if we end up winning on 6/18. But New York can be really expensive, so I don't know.
I'm heading to the game on 6/20. Also going to the Bronx that afternoon to root against the Yankees before heading over to Queens. Gotta love a full day of baseball.
I might be at Citi Field on Jun 19.
I'm there for all 3 games at Citi Field and hope to get there at the tail end of batting practice. First 2 games at field level on the 3rd base side. I have no idea where I am for the 3rd game. Monday, I'm wearing my black Arrieta jersey.
Me and wife are there for all three games. Two games behind O's dugout and one in three hundred level. Picked this one for our yearly road trip

Swing hard, just in case you hit something.

I'll be there on Tuesday in section 405

We have an Oriole crowd in Queens, baby !!! :smile11:

I'll be there on the 20th (have to see the Iron-Birds' Opening Day game on the 18th, and again on the 19th).

Anyone who isn't already friends with me, just shoot over a request if you want to email me, and I can give you my cell number for the game on the 20th. :)

I'm there for all 3 games at Citifield and hope to get there at the tail end of bp. First 2 games at field level on the 3rd base side. I have no idea where I am for the 3rd game. Monday, I'm wearing my black Arrieta jersey.

You got out of your company softball commitment. Woo hoo. :)

Forecast for Wed, hotter than hell (high 90's/low 100's). I think I would rather watch the game than have to play it that day.

OK, then. Give me a call on my cell, and we'll come over to your seats and/or meet you before the game. :)

Patrick (OFFNY)

You'll need a ticket to field level. The ushers are camped out at the tops and are always checking tickets.

I'll be there with my best bud who's a diehard Mets fan tonight and Wednesday. We're in Delta club seats. PM me if anyone who's going wants to join up for a beer.

Made it to Shea, but not without a hassle. Almost waited too long on stubhub, but picked up two of the last 80 tix or so - 8th row in my section, 13th from the field along the aisle where the 3B/LF ball boy sits. Wanted to score a Johan Santana no hitter t shirt, but played the idiot instead as I realized I had left my wallet at home about half-way to destination. For the NY/NJers here, I live 5 miles west of Newark off 78 and figured out that I was sans wallet across from Giants Stadium. I was taking my daughter and was patting myself on the back for a memorable evening for her and me outside of life's grind .... and then had to high tail it home and to Citi Field to make it to my seats for the bottom of the third. Of course, they were out of t-shirts by then.

I was really impressed with Citi Field. Very clean, new ballpark look. Lots of stats on the various scoreboards. Five levels, but mostly straight up so many good seats. I saw a lot of Bmore Os fans - easily in the hundreds. IMO, the game came down to a few key at-bats and the Os fired blanks and the Mets did not. IMO, the swinging K to Reynolds with 2+3 with one out was ball four and the subsequent looking K to Pearce appeared low. Hunter looked very ordinary at times, but still had some a nice fifth or sixth. Not sure if folks made a deal out of Betemit going home instead of trying to turn 2 in a key sequence that led to the fourth and fifth runs. The Mets fans around us were very nice - snapping a picture, complimenting my daughter on the ball, etc.

The highlight of the night was my daughter coaxing the ball from the ball boy after a foul in the fourth. Our seats were on the aisle where the ball boy was and I realized if he was going to bring fouls back to his seat that she would have a shot if she moved down there. Anyway, in the fourth, I believe it was JJ Hardy who hit a foul that ended up in fair territory in shallow LF. As the ball boy went out to get it, I told my daughter to hustle down to his chair and she got there ahead of some other kids just as he returned. She was wearing an Os hat, but still landed the souvenir. She was pretty giddy about it.

More bad news on the way home. Not being familiar with Queens and the myriad of streets, in my race to exit the stadium, I followed the GPS out of Citi Field and .... into and through Manhattan to NJ via the Holland Tunnel. Lots of driving, lots of tolls, an Os loss, but a first viewing at a new ballpark for me and a happy 10 year old with a Mets 50th anniversary MLB ball.

Made it to Shea, but not without a hassle. Almost waited too long on stubhub, but picked up two of the last 80 tix or so - 8th row in my section, 13th from the field along the aisle where the 3B/LF ball boy sits. Wanted to score a Johan Santana no hitter t shirt, but played the idiot instead as I realized I had left my wallet at home about half-way to destination. For the NY/NJers here, I live 5 miles west of Newark off 78 and figured out that I was sans wallet across from Giants Stadium. I was taking my daughter and was patting myself on the back for a memorable evening for her and me outside of life's grind .... and then had to high tail it home and to Citi Field to make it to my seats for the bottom of the third. Of course, they were out of t-shirts by then.

I was really impressed with Citi Field. Very clean, new ballpark look. Lots of stats on the various scoreboards. Five levels, but mostly straight up so many good seats. I saw a lot of Bmore Os fans - easily in the hundreds. IMO, the game came down to a few key at-bats and the Os fired blanks and the Mets did not. IMO, the swinging K to Reynolds with 2+3 with one out was ball four and the subsequent looking K to Pearce appeared low. Hunter looked very ordinary at times, but still had some a nice fifth or sixth. Not sure if folks made a deal out of Betemit going home instead of trying to turn 2 in a key sequence that led to the fourth and fifth runs. The Mets fans around us were very nice - snapping a picture, complimenting my daughter on the ball, etc.

The highlight of the night was my daughter coaxing the ball from the ball boy after a foul in the fourth. Our seats were on the aisle where the ball boy was and I realized if he was going to bring fouls back to his seat that she would have a shot if she moved down there. Anyway, in the fourth, I believe it was JJ Hardy who hit a foul that ended up in fair territory in shallow LF. As the ball boy went out to get it, I told my daughter to hustle down to his chair and she got there ahead of some other kids just as he returned. She was wearing an Os hat, but still landed the souvenir. She was pretty giddy about it.

More bad news on the way home. Not being familiar with Queens and the myriad of streets, in my race to exit the stadium, I followed the GPS out of Citi Field and .... into and through Manhattan to NJ via the Holland Tunnel. Lots of driving, lots of tolls, an Os loss, but a first viewing at a new ballpark for me and a happy 10 year old with a Mets 50th anniversary MLB ball.

I sat in the same section and was there for BP. There were crowds along the railing chatting it up with some of the Orioles especially some that were making fun of Wayne Kirby and his eating habits. I'm not even sure how that conversation even took place. Anyway, I finally got a MLB ball when some Mets fans were chatting to Luis Ayala about him throwing a ball to them. I was behind them and threw my arm up. He purposely tossed it higher than the Mets fans and it landed in my hands. Woohoo!

OFFNY, hope to meet you at the ball park today. I think I'm in section 430. I'll be wearing my #16 CHEN jersey and I'm fairly certain there won't be many of those to spot at Citifield. Can the O's score at least a run tonight please!?