NEW YORK/ CONNECTICUT/ NEW JERSEY Oriole Fans

OFFNY

I'll be there tonight but planning to buy my tickets at the box office. The usual deals from Stubhub didn't exist like they do for the Yankees. Looks like I can sit anywhere in the upper deck for 20 bucks in addition to the outer upper box and the left field landing. I might base it on where the best seats are.

Haven't met a hangouter in real life before. If anyone is going to tonight's game PM me and I'd be more than interested in introducing myself and finally talking some O's baseball with someone in person.

I'll see you tonight, Commodore. :)

I was really impressed with Citi Field. Very clean, new ballpark look. Lots of stats on the various scoreboards. Five levels, but mostly straight up so many good seats. I saw a lot of Bmore Os fans - easily in the hundreds. .

1. yea I've always liked Citi, been there a handful of times with my father since it opened. I like it MUCH more than Yankee stadium. Did you go to Shake shack?

2. I was shocked at how many O's fans were there, I didn't feel alone like I usually do at yankee games.

also, I like the t-shirt they were givin out at the gates, especially since it doesn't have any corporate logos slapped on it.

o

We got our asses kicked 3 games straight, but we're all loyal Oriole fans til the end.

Not too long ago we had that horrible 6-game losing streak, and we rebounded from it. We'll get back from this too, especially with Hammel and Chen pitching the next 2 games. ;)

Our offense had a brain cramp that took them 26 innings to come out of. :o

Che check you PM. Give me a call if you'd like, Bill. :)

Sorry I missed you. I'd already headed out to the Yankees game by then (Fun watching them get crushed!) and don't have one of those internet phones. Catch you next time!

IRON-BIRDS: New York City Week.

MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY: @ The Staten Island Yankees. All Games at 7 P.M.

THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY: o.@ The Brooklyn Cyclones. 7 P.M., 7 P.M., and 6 P.M., respectively.

http://www.milb.com/schedule/index.jsp?sid=t488

I'm definitely going to at least 1 Coney Island game, maybe 2. :)

I can only make it on 6/30. I'm on a project in Boston from Thu to Tue but I'm traveling back home for this game!

So, I took the 6 and 10 year old to see the Ironbirds play in Staten Island. I have been to a half dozen games there and can say two things about Staten Island - the stadium is usually fairly empty (good seats are available or can be moved to) and the view of lower Manhattan at dusk is special. I did remember my wallet this time.

We arrived a half hour before the game, purchased seats in the fifth row behind home plate and walked over to where the Ironbirds were warming up. I had on a Baltimore Os t-shirt and my son had an Orioles hat. I saw Torsten Boss walking back to the dugout and asked if he had a baseball for a young Birds fan. Boss goes into the dugout, brings back a ball and signs it for my son. Soon, Howard and Hutter have signed it with names and jersey number. This prompted my son to look at the ball with each Ironbird at the plate and my son would be quite happy with Howard and Hutter were up and noted everyone else did not sign the ball (Boss did not play).

One play in the second inning was something I had never seen before. With a SI Yankee on second, the batter took a 2-2 pitch for ball 3, dropped his bat and walked to 1B while the runner on second started walking to 3B as if he had to go there maybe thinking there was a runner on 1B. As the hitter came back to pick up his bat to face the pitcher on a full count, the catcher noted the runner mid-way between 2B and 3B and started a run-down that resulted in an out. One of the bigger mental lapses I've seen in person.

Esquivel has some kind of curve-ball that elicited a few ooohs and aaahs from the scouts sitting nearby, but he was fairly wild overall IMO and the double by Kuo was crushed to CF. Another one of the six outs recorded with Esquivel was a baserunning out as well. Sander Beck pitched an impressive third, but the HR by Butler was crushed. Not much positive from an Ironbird perspective, IMO, other than the young men being extremely nice to my 6 year old who is now sleeping with the ball at his side. Hopefully, a better game tomorrow.